To ensure that you’re ready to hit the ground running when you get here, your training journey begins before you arrive in Oshkosh! Once you’ve registered, you’ll have some homework to do.
- Ground School — The Sporty’s Online Ground School course, included with your tuition, will give you the tools you need to ace the FAA written test. This will be provided once we receive your deposit.
- Written Test — After you finish the online course, go to an approved FAA testing center to take the exam. Give yourself plenty of time to study before scheduling the test, which you must pass before you start training with us.
- Student Pilot Certificate — Create an account on the FAA’s Integrated Airman Certification and Rating Application (IACRA) website, and follow the instructions to apply for your student pilot certificate.
In addition to those prerequisites, in order to qualify for EAA’s Sport Pilot Academy, you must:
- Be at least 17 years old.
- Be a US citizen.
- Hold a valid U.S. driver’s license as proof of medical eligibility.
- Be able to read, speak, write, and understand English.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.