We are currently experiencing some issues with slow log ins. If you are having trouble logging in, please do not reset your password, but try again later.
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Stay InspiredEAA is your guide to getting the most out of the world of flight and giving your passion room to grow.
Young Eagles Digital Signature App Now Live
By David Leiting, EAA Eagle Programs Manager, EAA Lifetime 579157
EAA is excited to announce the Young Eagles Digital Signature iPad app is now available in the Apple App Store! This new app comes with a number of benefits that will improve your Young Eagles rallies.
- Streamline the signature collection process
- Reduce chapter postage expenses
- Eliminate the chance of losing a waiver
- Instant submission to EAA HQ
- Volunteer pilots only need to sign once per rally
- Guaranteed to have latest version of the waiver
- Modernize the Young Eagles rally experience
The Young Eagles Digital Signature app will be a direct replacement of the paper waivers, and can only be used in conjunction with YoungEaglesDay.org (EAA’s online Young Eagles registration system). The youth, parent, and pilot data will all be stored within YoungEaglesDay.org. The app is simply for collecting the signatures. At the end of the rally, the event data is still submitted via YoungEaglesDay.org.
Young Eagles Digital Signature app requirements:
- The chapter must be using YoungEaglesDay.org for rally registration
- App will only function on an iPad using iOS13 or greater
- Your app login is the same as your login for YoungEaglesDay.org
- Only Young Eagles coordinators and assigned volunteers will be able to use the app
Training: In mid-November, Charlie Becker, Don White, and David Leiting conducted a training webinar which can be viewed online.
Test Events: If you would like to download the app and create a test event, you are welcome to do so, but please follow these steps.
- In the Apple Store, search for “EAA Digital Signature” to find the app. Once downloaded, you will use the same login information that you use for YoungEaglesDay.org.
- Create a test event in YoungEaglesDay.org and mark the test event as private. If not marked private, the event will be listed for the public to see.
- Add test pilots and registrations to populate the app. When creating the event and adding test participants, be sure to let members know if you are using their email as test pilots or registrants as any real emails will receive automated emails.
Do not submit the final report. Only “real” events should be finalized as the data is imported into EAA’s database.