The Bubble Run by Cool Events, which was scheduled to take place on the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh grounds today, Saturday, September 9, was canceled in January. Please visit their website to contact them at https://bubblerun.com.
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Stay InspiredEAA is your guide to getting the most out of the world of flight and giving your passion room to grow.
Young Eagles 30th Anniversary Celebration
March 2022 – 2022 marks 30 years since the Young Eagles program was launched at EAA Oshkosh in 1992. EAA will be kicking off the Young Eagles 30th anniversary at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2022, which will include a number of special AirVenture activities, and year-round recognition of volunteers.
For local volunteers, both pilots and ground volunteers, the following opportunities exist.
- 30 Flights for 30 Years: Volunteer Young Eagles pilots who fly 30 youths between August 1, 2022, and July 31, 2023, will be awarded a commemorative polo shirt. Once pilots reach this milestone, EAA will contact pilots to request their shirt size.
- Ground Volunteer – 30th Anniversary Pins: The Young Eagles program would not be possible without the amazing ground volunteers. Chapters can request commemorative pins to award to ground volunteers. Pins will not be sent until the summer of 2022, but EAA is now accepting orders.
Planning for Young Eagles 30th anniversary activities at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2022 has also begun.
- Thursday, July 28, 2022 – Young Eagles Day at AirVenture
- Commemorative flight to recreate the first Young Eagles flight
- Group Photo – Time TBD – All Young Eagles pilots, chapter coordinators, ground volunteers, and former Young Eagles are invited
- Free Young Eagles buttons are available for pick-up at the EAA Blue Barn and Young Eagles booth near the EAA Learn to Fly Center
- Special flight activities all week long
- Commemorative shirt-and-hat combo available for purchase at EAA retail locations
- Lightspeed Zulu 3 headset drawing for those who register to become volunteer Young Eagles pilots and current Young Eagles volunteers
- Young Eagle 30th Anniversary Exhibit on the EAA Four Corners
EAA will also be producing a number of Young Eagles feature stories. Within these stories, EAA will be highlighting Young Eagles success stories, dedicated volunteers, and chapters making an impact. There are two different forms that can be submitted, based on the story contents.
Keep an eye out for more announcements about the Young Eagles 30th anniversary!