Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Ben DiachunBen Diachun
Ben Diachun is an aerospace engineer known for creating sustainable, high-growth companies, and revolutionary new aircraft. Ben is currently the chief technology officer at the Hyundai Motor Group’s air mobility division. Prior to joining Hyundai, he served as chief executive officer at Opener, an aerospace startup in the Silicon Valley. He also was president at Scaled Composites, an aerospace manufacturing company in Mojave California known for creating innovative experimental aircraft.
Ben's past projects include some of most noteworthy designs of the past 25 years:
- Globalflyer, the around-the-world non-stop, non-refueled aircraft
- SpaceShopOne, the first commercial manned spaceship, and follow-on SpaceShipTwo
- Optionally piloted/unmanned air vehicle Firebird demonstrator
- Swift High-performance experimental jet
- Model 401 advanced research aircraft
- Stratolaunch, the world's largest composites airplane
- BlackFly electric personal air vehicle
Ben has a Master of Science Degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics from Stanford University and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Purdue University. He is a Commercial Pilot with Instrument, Multi-Engine and Seaplane Ratings.