Your Passion Finds PurposeWe’re everyone’s aviation association growing the spirit of aviation, and we look forward to your support.
VAC Update: Working for You!
By John Nowicki, EAA 116894, Volunteer Advisory Committee
A busy and very rewarding year for us on the Volunteer Advisory Committee seems to be the best way to describe 2014 leading up to AirVenture Oshkosh.
The pinnacle, however, came when we were asked to present the Volunteer Park Bricks to Volunteers who have truly demonstrated dedication to EAA’s volunteer spirit.
The VAC developed a nomination form that would consider several pieces of information supporting specific individuals for this honor. The selection process for the Volunteer Park Brick is consistent with the established process utilized for the Tony Bingelis and the EAA Horizon Awards.
The individuals were selected utilizing a numerical ranking linked to specific criteria, as well as any personal experience noted by the individual making the nomination. The ranking is a scale from 1-10. The criteria covered several areas, including:
• Length of volunteer service
• Scope of volunteer service (AirVenture Oshkosh, Weekend Work parties, Young Eagles, Chapter Offices, Technical Counselor, Flight Advisor, Fundraising)
• Level of responsibility (Chair, Co-Chair, Volunteer, Participant)
• Recognition or awards received (EAA National, Chapter, Community, Other)
• Published Articles (EAA Publications, Newsletters, Newspapers, Broadcast Stories, Other)
• Impression of total volunteer impact
We were very proud to announce and present the recipients of the Volunteer Park Bricks on Sunday afternoon, July 27, 2014 – the day before AirVenture’s opening day, when volunteers can gather at Volunteer Park located just across from the Volunteer Kitchen and Camp Scholler’s Red Barn. In case you were not able to attend, the recipients are:
Mr. Buck Hilbert
Mr. Dave Yeoman
Mr. Wm Dave Baker
These individuals are shining examples of what a Volunteer is. We congratulate them on their place of prominence next to our Founder Paul Poberezny, his wife Audrey, our Chairman of the Board Jack Pelton and his wife Rose. Most of all, we thank them for all they have done and keeping the spirit of EAA and volunteerism alive.