Nominations for 2018 are now closed. Please check back in March 2019 to nominate a chapter member.
EAA recognizes chapter members for their personal commitment and contributions to EAA, chapters, and their fellow members.
Nominate those chapter members who have gone the extra mile and beyond throughout the year for the betterment of the chapter, EAA, and the GA community. Strong and healthy EAA chapters are the backbone of the organization. Those honored have demonstrated their passion and dedication for their chapter, EAA, and the recreational aviation community.
2018 Nomination Forms- Nominations are due no later than May 31, 2018
Major Achievement Award Nomination Form
Many EAA members go above and beyond the call of their chapter member duty. To recognize these select individuals, EAA awards members with a Chapter Major Achievement Award. Winners are selected for their EAA and chapter dedication, service to the aviation community, and their personal achievement.
Newsletter Editor Award Nomination Form
Newsletters are one of the main communication link for chapters. Composing a monthly chapter newsletter that is informative, easy to read and interesting is a daunting task for the newsletter editor. Newsletters are judged on consistency, appearance, layout, and content.
Web Editor Award Nomination Form
Many EAA chapters have embraced the internet as a way to communicate and connect fellow aviators, allowing them to better serve the local member and the aviation community at large. Websites are judged on ease of use, appearance, layout, and content
Young Eagle Award Nomination Form
Young Eagle volunteers are eligible for the following awards
- Chapter Young Eagles Coordinator- Awarded to a Young Eagles Coordinator nominated for the special commitment to their chapter.
- Young Eagles Ground Support Volunteer- Awarded to a ground volunteer nominated for their exceptional work during Young Eagle Rallies
- Young Eagles Horizon Award- Recognizes the efforts a chapter or volunteer provides beyond the basic Young Eagles flight.
2017 Award Results
Major Achievement Award:
1) Bernard Wunder, EAA Chapter 478
2) Steve Rossiter, EAA Chapter 517
3) Doug Crumrine, EAA Chapter 983
Newsletter Editor Award:
1) Terry Cusack, EAA Chapter 976
2) Katie Libecco, EAA Chapter 670
3) John Wigney, EAA Chapter 309
Web Editor Award:
1) Sandra Miller-Long, EAA Chapter 186
2) Kevin Stahl, EAA Chapter 2
3) Dave Peterson, EAA Chapter 237
Phillips Leadership Award: Eric White