Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
EAA AirVenture Oshkosh Set With High-Flying Family Fun as One of Summer's Top Events
U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds, ‘One Week Wonder’ airplane build, innovations and more
EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wisconsin — (May 27, 2014) — A first-time appearance by one of the world’s top jet teams, an airplane built in one week, the latest flying innovations, and an airport full of aircraft large and small are part of EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, the 62nd annual Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) fly-in convention, coming July 28-August 3 at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is the world’s largest fly-in event, with more than 10,000 aircraft coming to the Oshkosh area for the week, along with a total attendance surpassing 500,000 from more than 60 countries. Known as “The World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration,” EAA AirVenture welcomes flying machines ranging from the smallest ultralight to missive airliners and military cargo aircraft.
“In the aviation community, if it has flown, is flying or will fly, it will come to Oshkosh,” said Jim DiMatteo, EAA’s vice president for AirVenture features and attractions. “AirVenture is known as aviation’s family reunion for a reason – it brings together the world of flight in an unmatched way but is as much about people as airplanes. Regardless of where your passion for flight takes you, you’ll find it here.”
Among this year’s EAA AirVenture Oshkosh highlights (all included with daily admission):
- The U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds, one of the world’s finest jet teams, brings its full performance to Oshkosh for the first time (August 1-3)
- See an airplane built (and help build it) in just seven days, with the “One Week Wonder” Zenith aircraft
- Increased displays of current military aircraft, led by the U.S. Marine Corps VW-22 Osprey tiltrotor with a full aerial demonstration
- Magnificent vintage and warbird aircraft, meticulously restored and not only on display, but flying
- The latest innovations in aircraft design, custom-built airplanes, aviation technology, and much more
- Daily afternoon air shows, featuring the world’s finest aerobatic pilots, including World War II aircraft extravanganzas on August 1-2, plus night air shows on July 30 and August 2
- Aviation fun and discovery for kids and the whole family at the KidVenture area
- Musical entertainment every evening, including Kenny Loggins (July 28), Big Bad Voodoo Daddy (August 1), and “1964: The Tribute” Beatles tribute band (August 2)
EAA AirVenture offers camping right on the grounds, adjacent to the flightline, providing a convenient way to be part of the AirVenture “aviation city” that is part of the unique culture of this internationally known event.
EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is “The World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration” and EAA’s yearly membership convention. Additional EAA AirVenture information, including advance ticket and camping purchase, is available online at www.airventure.org. EAA members receive lowest prices on admission rates. For more information on EAA and its programs, call 1-800-JOIN-EAA (1-800-564-6322) or visit www.eaa.org. Immediate news is available at www.twitter.com/EAAupdate.
EDITOR’S NOTE: High-resolution photo images of EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2014 are available at EAA’s media FTP site:
http://media.eaa.org Username: eaamedia Password: airventure2012 (AirVenture 2014 folder).