Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Spread Your Wings at AirVentureGet your tickets to the World's Greatest Aviation Celebration today! Experience Oshkosh the ultimate way by camping under the wing of your aircraft.
EVERY DAY IS A UNIQUE ONE AT EAA AIRVENTURE OSHKOSH 2016!
Each day’s theme focuses on people and aircraft that make Oshkosh unforgettable
EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wisconsin — (March 8, 2016) — EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is already known as the “World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration” because of its weeklong gathering of people and airplanes that are unmatched anywhere else in the world, but this year’s daily themes offer special highlights and activities within the world of flight.
The 64th annual Experimental Aircraft Association fly-in convention is July 25-31 at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
Among the themes for each day at EAA AirVenture 2016 are:
- Monday, July 25 – Opening day: Plenty of aviation industry announcements, plus the always anticipated opening-night concert right after the daily air show.
- Tuesday, July 26 – Innovations Day: The latest flying technology on display, plus the “Shark Tank”-style finals for the Founders Innovation Prize.
- Wednesday, July 27 – Pearl Harbor 75th Commemoration and WomenVenture Day: A salute to the heroism of December 7, 1941. Also the annual gathering of women aviators at Oshkosh, plus the first of the week’s two night air shows.
- Thursday, July 28 – Young Eagles Day and the Centennial of Coast Guard Aviation: A celebration of the 2 millionth Young Eagle flown, plus a flight line featuring the hard-working aircraft of the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Friday, July 29 – Salute to Veterans Day and the 25th anniversary of Desert Storm Aviation: The emotional Yellow Ribbon Honor Flight highlights honors for the vets, while the aircraft made more famous by Operation Desert Storm are on display.
- Saturday, July 30 – Salute to World War I aviation and Boeing Aircraft’s 100th anniversary: Aircraft from a century ago take to the sky, while a century of progress by one of the world’s legendary aircraft makers is recognized. The second of the week’s night air show finishes the evening.
- Sunday, July 31 – Fox Valley Day/Closing Day: A salute to the Oshkosh area that welcomes the family of flight each year, plus the world’s greatest aircraft departure show.
Among other features already announced are the appearance of the Canadian Forces Snowbirds, the 30th anniversary reunion of the RV-6 homebuilt aircraft, and expanded activities including drone flying at Aviation Gateway Park. Additional highlights and activities will be announced as they are finalized, and will be posted at www.EAA.org/airventure.
About EAA AirVenture Oshkosh
EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is the “World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration” and EAA’s yearly membership convention. Additional EAA AirVenture information, including advance ticket and camping purchase, is available online at www.eaa.org/airventure. EAA members receive lowest prices on admission rates. For more information on EAA and its programs, call 1-800-JOIN-EAA (1-800-564-6322) or visit www.eaa.org. Immediate news is available at www.twitter.com/EAA.