As a result, EAA AirVenture Oshkosh will be closing most operations for the day at 5 p.m. on July 28. Read more ›
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
‘STAR WARS: EPISODE VII – THE FORCE AWAKENS’ TOPS BLOCKBUSTERS AT EAA AIRVENTURE 2016 FLY-IN THEATER
Nightly movies free with AirVenture admission, presented by Ford Motor Company
EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wisconsin — (May 5, 2016) — The 2015 worldwide hit “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” leads an impressive schedule of aviation and other hit movies that will be shown this year at the Fly-In Theater during EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2016.
The Fly-In Theater, presented by Ford Motor Company, is part of the daily schedule at the 64th annual Experimental Aircraft Association fly-in convention on July 25-31 at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh.
Reminiscent of the drive-in theaters that once populated the nation, the Fly-In Theater provides AirVenture attendees with the perfect opportunity to relax after a long day of air shows, exhibits, and workshops. Located adjacent to EAA’s Camp Scholler campground, the nightly movies are shown on a five-story high movie screen and introduced by personalities ranging from aviation legends to Hollywood superstars.
“For more than a decade, Ford Motor Company has been pleased to bring family entertainment to the Fly-In Theater for the world’s aviation community gathered at Oshkosh,” said Edsel B. Ford II, member of the Ford Motor Company Board of Directors. “We’ve got a great lineup throughout the entire week in 2016, so bring your lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy the films and free popcorn under the stars.”
The Fly-In Theater films, which are included in AirVenture daily and weekly admission, are shown nightly from Sunday, July 24, through Saturday, July 30 (weather permitting), beginning at 8:30 p.m. or, on July 27 and 30, immediately following the night air show.
This year’s stellar schedule includes:
- Sunday, July 24: Above and Beyond (2014) and the 10th anniversary remastered edition of One Six Right (2005). Introduced by filmmakers Nancy Spielberg and Brian Terwilliger.
- Monday, July 25: The Last Man on the Moon (2014) Introduced by Apollo 17 commander Gene Cernan.
- Tuesday, July 26: The Martian (2015) Introduced by NASA astronaut Kent Rominger.
- Wednesday, July 27: The Final Countdown (1980) Presenter to be announced.
- Thursday, July 28: The Guardian (2006) Introduced by members of the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Friday, July 29: Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens (2015) Presenter to be announced.
- Saturday, July 30: The Blue Max (1966) Introduced by Andrew King and Kermit Weeks.
About EAA AirVenture Oshkosh
EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is the “World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration” and EAA’s yearly membership convention. Additional EAA AirVenture information, including advance ticket and camping purchase, is available online at www.eaa.org/airventure. EAA members receive lowest prices on admission rates. For more information on EAA and its programs, call 1-800-JOIN-EAA (1-800-564-6322) or visit www.eaa.org. Immediate news is available at www.twitter.com/EAA.