Take a look at our current openings and apply now!
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Spread Your Wings at AirVentureGet your tickets to the World's Greatest Aviation Celebration today! Experience Oshkosh the ultimate way by camping under the wing of your aircraft.
Historic Homebuilt Aircraft Anniversaries Part of EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2022 Activities
April 15, 2022 – A number of iconic homebuilt aircraft designs will be celebrating notable anniversaries this year at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, which annually brings together the world’s largest gathering of amateur-built aircraft. The 69th edition of EAA’s fly-in convention is July 25-31 at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
“Many of our members build their own airplanes from kits or sets of plans and each year, more than 1,000 of these amateur-built aircraft are among the 10,000-plus aircraft that arrive here for AirVenture,” said Charlie Becker, EAA’s homebuilt community manager. “In 2022, several popular designs are celebrating their anniversaries, and we invite all owners of those aircraft to come to Oshkosh to help commemorate the occasion.”
Anniversary aircraft owners are encouraged to pre-register so they can receive updates on special events, parking, and other activities connected to their airplane type. Among the aircraft designs reaching important anniversaries in 2022 are:
- Dyke Delta 60th anniversary – One of the most unusual homebuilt aircraft designs, featuring the rare delta wing
- Fly Baby 60th anniversary – An ultra-economical, single-seat design with a goal of flying for fun
- Acro Sport 50th anniversary – A fully aerobatic biplane designed by EAA founder Paul Poberezny
- KR-1 50th anniversary – A single-seat design that often serves as an airframe for auto-conversion engines
- VariViggen 50th anniversary – One of Burt Rutan’s first homebuilt designs that is still a unique profile at any airport
- Van’s RV 50th anniversary – The world’s most popular aircraft kit, with more than 11,000 completed
Pre-registration is available online. Anniversary aircraft will be featured throughout the week at Oshkosh in flying demonstrations, forums, displays, and other events.