The Bubble Run by Cool Events, which was scheduled to take place on the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh grounds today, Saturday, September 9, was canceled in January. Please visit their website to contact them at https://bubblerun.com.
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Spread Your Wings at AirVentureGet your tickets to the World's Greatest Aviation Celebration today! Experience Oshkosh the ultimate way by camping under the wing of your aircraft.
Devotion highlights Fly-In Theater lineup at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2023
EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wisconsin — (June 8, 2023) — Last year’s biographical film highlighting Medal of Honor recipient Tom Hudner and Jesse Brown leads this year’s impressive schedule of aviation movies at the Fly-In Theater during EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2023. The Fly-In Theater is part of the daily schedule at the 70th Experimental Aircraft Association fly-in convention on July 24-30 at Wittman Regional Airport.
For more than 15 years, the Fly-In Theater has been a tradition for AirVenture attendees. Located adjacent to EAA’s Camp Scholler campground, the Fly-In Theater provides the perfect opportunity to relax after a long day of air shows, exhibits, and workshops. The nightly movies are shown on a five-story high movie screen and introduced by personalities ranging from aviation legends to Hollywood superstars. The Fly-In Theater is presented by Lycoming and supported by Southwest Airlines.
The Fly-In Theater films, which are included with AirVenture daily and weekly admission, are shown nightly from Saturday, July 22, through Saturday, July 29 (weather permitting), beginning at 8:30 p.m. For many of the films, special guests connected with the film or the aircraft involved will help introduce the screening.
This year’s stellar schedule includes:
- Saturday, July 22: Top Gun (1986) – The all-time favorite film about naval aviation starring Tom Cruise, Anthony Edwards, and Val Kilmer.
- Sunday, July 23: Top Gun: Maverick (2022). Tom Cruise, Jennifer Connelly, and Miles Teller update the story of Capt. Pete Mitchell as a legendary test pilot called back to train a new group of hot shots.
- Monday, July 24: Tail Spin (1939). Alice Faye, Constance Bennett, and Nancy Kelly star in this drama centered on three female pilots competing in the Cleveland Air Races.
- Tuesday, July 25: The Great Waldo Pepper (1975). A World War I veteran pilot takes up barnstorming and teams up with a fellow war veteran to perform stunts. Starring Robert Redford and Bo Svenson.
- Wednesday, July 26: Amelia (2009). Hilary Swank stars in this biographical film about the life of Amelia Earhart from the beginning of her aviation interest to her disappearance in 1937.
- Thursday, July 27: Flight of the Intruder (1991). Danny Glover, Willem Dafoe, and Brad Johnson star in a Vietnam War thriller about a pilot and navigator who execute an unauthorized strike on Hanoi.
- Friday, July 28: Devotion (2022). Glen Powell and Jonathan Majors star in a retelling of the bond between Tom Hudner and Jesse Brown during the Korean War.
- Saturday, July 29: Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines (1965). A comedy about a British newspaper publisher who organizes an air race from London to Paris to promote British aviation. Starring Stuart Whitman, Sarah Miles, and Terry-Thomas.
About EAA AirVenture Oshkosh
EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is “The World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration” and EAA’s membership convention. Additional information, including advance ticket and camping purchase, is available at www.EAA.org/airventure. For more information on EAA and its programs, call 800-JOIN-EAA (800-564-6322) or go to www.EAA.org. For continual news updates, connect with Twitter.com/EAA.