The Bubble Run by Cool Events, which was scheduled to take place on the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh grounds today, Saturday, September 9, was canceled in January. Please visit their website to contact them at https://bubblerun.com.
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Spread Your Wings at AirVentureGet your tickets to the World's Greatest Aviation Celebration today! Experience Oshkosh the ultimate way by camping under the wing of your aircraft.
Heroes and historic military aircraft have their stories shared at Warbirds in Review during EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2023
Veterans from World War II, Korea, Vietnam, and Afghanistan scheduled to participate
EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wisconsin — (May 11, 2023) — Warbirds in Review, an unparalleled presentation series during EAA AirVenture Oshkosh that brings together historic airplanes with pilots and aircraft owners, returns in 2023 with guests that encompass 80 years of aviation and military history. The 70th edition of the Experimental Aircraft Association’s fly-in convention is July 24-30 at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh.
The twice daily series of “up close and personal” stories will be held July 24-29 at the Warbirds in Review aircraft ramp, located within the EAA Warbirds of America area on the AirVenture grounds. The series is open to all attending AirVenture.
“Warbirds in Review features veterans, aviation legends, and aircraft that simply cannot be seen together in one place anywhere else in the world,” said Connie Bowlin, past president of the EAA Warbirds of America, who organizes the series. “Many of these veterans maintain that they were just doing their jobs and nothing heroic or extraordinary, but that could not be farther from the truth. Their stories and unique perspectives on the aircraft showcased at Oshkosh are insightful, poignant, and important for the public to hear.”
The aircraft and personalities at Warbirds in Review this year include four World War II veterans, two from the Korean War, five from the Vietnam War, and one from military actions in Afghanistan. The schedule as of May 1, 2023 (subject to change without notice):
Monday, July 24
- 10 a.m.: Piper L-4 Grasshopper “Rosie the Rocketer” with Rob Collings, Joe Scheil, Carol Carpenter Apacki, and Jim Busha
- 1 p.m.: Walt Ohlrich’s North American SNJ-N502, with John “Pappy” Mazza
Tuesday, July 25
- 10 a.m.: McDonnell Douglas F-18 Hornet and Naval Aircraft Factory N3N, with Tammie Jo Shults
- 1 p.m.: P-51B and P-51D “Old Crow” Mustangs, with Brig. Gen. C.E. “Bud” Anderson
Wednesday, July 26
- 10 a.m.: Stinson L-5 Sentinel “Miss Beverly,” with Steve Seal and Chad Hill.
- 1 p.m.: P-51C “Thunderbird” and Republic P-47D-23R, with Warren Pietsch and Bruce Eames
Thursday, July 27
- 10 a.m.: Vought F4U-7 Corsair “Devotion,” with Adam Makos, Lt. JG Sam Clauzel, and Col. Joe McPhail
- 1 p.m.: Cessna L-19 Bird Dogs and North American T-28 Trojan, with Capt. Phil Phillips and Jim Hogdon
Friday, July 28
- 10 a.m.: MiG-21 and A-4B Skyhawk, with Cmdr. Randy “Duke” Cunningham and Cmdr. William “Willy Irish” Driscoll
- 12:45 p.m.: Huey N14SD, Hughes TH-55, and Bell H13, with Maj. Gen. Patrick Brady (followed by veterans salute and veterans flightline parade to Boeing Plaza, sponsored by American Airlines)
Saturday, July 29
- 10 a.m.: B-25 with Maj. John “Lucky” Luckadoo, Staff Sgt. Robert Holmstrom, and Lt. Carl Verbanac
- 1 p.m.: North American P-51C “Tuskegee Airmen” Red Tail Mustang, with Lt. Col. George Hardy, Lt. Col. James Harvey, and Brig, Gen. Enoch O. Woodhouse, II
About EAA AirVenture Oshkosh
EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is “The World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration” and EAA’s membership convention. Additional information, including advance ticket and camping purchase, is available at www.EAA.org/airventure. For more information on EAA and its programs, call 800-JOIN-EAA (800-564-6322) or go to www.EAA.org. For continual news updates, connect with Twitter.com/EAA.