The Bubble Run by Cool Events, which was scheduled to take place on the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh grounds today, Saturday, September 9, was canceled in January. Please visit their website to contact them at https://bubblerun.com.
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Spread Your Wings at AirVentureGet your tickets to the World's Greatest Aviation Celebration today! Experience Oshkosh the ultimate way by camping under the wing of your aircraft.
WOMENVENTURE EXPANDING WITH NEW FEATURES AT EAA AIRVENTURE OSHKOSH 2015
NOAA Administrator and Astronaut, “FlyGirl,” air show performers newest additions to July 22 schedule
EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wisconsin — (June 20, 2015) — The annual WomenVenture at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2015 has added more outstanding activities to its Wednesday, July 22 schedule. WomenVenture is an annual gathering designed to encourage and inspire women in aviation. Among the newly confirmed guests are: Dr. Kathryn D. Sullivan; Under Secretary of Commerce for Oceans and Atmosphere and NOAA Administrator; Vernice “FlyGirl” Armour; America’s first African American female combat pilot and an air show line-up of female performers.
“WomenVenture is growing. It started as a photo, then we added a lunch and now it’s an entire day of activities devoted towards women in aviation,” says Janine Diana, EAA’s vice president of people and culture. “It’s an event for women to build camaraderie and to use our collective voice to inspire and motivate women of all ages to get engaged in aviation.”
The July 22 schedule includes:
- 8 a.m. – Women in Aviation International breakfast with keynote speaker Jessica Cox, who was born without arms but was motivated to earn a sport pilot certificate in a Ercoupe that she could fly with her feet. Pre-registration is required.
- 11 a.m. – Annual WomenVenture group photo on AirVenture’s showcase Boeing Plaza.
- 11:30 a.m. – “WomenVenture Power Lunch” at Theater in the Woods at 11:30. Pre-registration for the lunch is required. Speakers are Cindy Hasselbring, the leader/coordinator of STEM education initiatives for the State of Maryland, who is also a pilot and for 10 years has pursued a dream of traveling in space through NASA’s astronaut candidate program, and Dr. Kathryn Sullivan, one of the first six women selected to join the NASA astronaut corps in 1978 and holds the distinction of being the first American woman to walk in space.
- 1:30 p.m. – Guest Speaker, “FlyGirl” presentation at the Theater in the Woods.
- 3:00 p.m. – “FlyGirl” book signing held at EAA Wearhouse - Authors Corner.
- Approximately 3:45 p.m. – Many accomplished women skydivers included in a group attempting a world record.
- Approximately 4 p.m. – Air Show Female Performers: Patty Wagstaff, Julie Clark, Melissa Pemberton, wing walker Teresa Stokes.
In addition, all women are invited to the Welcome Center to sign the WomenVenture logbook any day during EAA AirVenture 2015.
About EAA AirVenture OshkoshEAA AirVenture Oshkosh is “The World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration” and EAA’s yearly membership convention. Additional EAA AirVenture information, including advance ticket and camping purchase, is available online at www.eaa.org/airventure. EAA members receive lowest prices on admission rates. For more information on EAA and its programs, call 1-800-JOIN-EAA (1-800-564-6322) or visit www.eaa.org. Immediate news is available at www.twitter.com/EAA.