The Bubble Run by Cool Events, which was scheduled to take place on the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh grounds today, Saturday, September 9, was canceled in January. Please visit their website to contact them at https://bubblerun.com.
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Spread Your Wings at AirVentureGet your tickets to the World's Greatest Aviation Celebration today! Experience Oshkosh the ultimate way by camping under the wing of your aircraft.
EAA AVIATION MUSEUM REOPENING TO PUBLIC AUGUST 3
Some areas to remain closed for public health and safety
EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wisconsin — (July 15, 2020) — The EAA Aviation Museum in Oshkosh, which has been closed since late March because of the COVID-19 outbreak, will reopen on a limited basis beginning Monday, August 3, at 10 a.m.
The museum will have limits on the size of groups and total number of visitors allowed in the facility at any time. In addition, high-touchpoint areas and exhibits will remain closed and higher levels of cleaning and disinfecting are part of the reopening process throughout the facility.
“Ever since we closed the museum in late March, we have received many questions each day on when we would be open to the public again. We appreciate that interest and support, as we’ve missed everyone for the past several months as well,” said Ron Connolly, EAA Aviation Museum director. “As we reopen, we are very aware of the need to keep the health and safety of our visitors and staff as the top priority, so we will move toward full operations gradually based on the best information available.”
Among the temporary changes in effect at the museum as it reopens are:
- The KidVenture, Sikorsky/Johnson Wax exhibit, and the Willan Space Gallery areas will remain closed. Theaters inside the museum will be modified to ensure proper distancing.
- Touch screens and video players at exhibits will not be operative.
- The hangars at Pioneer Airport will be open daily through Labor Day, weather permitting. However, there are no flight operations or tram service at the facility. Museum visitors will be able to access Pioneer Airport by walking from the museum to that facility.
- Vending areas will be closed.
- All visitors and staff will be temperature checked as they enter the EAA grounds, and are required to wear masks while in the facility and maintain physical distancing.
- While cash is still accepted for admissions and purchases, use of credit and debit cards is encouraged.
Since the museum was closed in late March, the collection has added a Huey helicopter that is a veteran of three tours in the Vietnam War. That helicopter is part of a new exhibit that will be open in the Eagle Hangar. A formal dedication of that exhibit is planned for later this year.
Additional information regarding the museum’s reopening and temporary restrictions is available at EAA.org/museum.
About EAA Aviation Museum
The EAA Aviation Museum is located just off Interstate 41 at the Highway 44 exit in Oshkosh. The museum is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. EAA members receive free museum admission year-round. For more information, call the EAA Aviation Museum at 920-426-6108 or visit www.EAA.org/museum.