Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
EAA WEBINARS SURPASS 200,000 TOTAL ATTENDANCE FOLLOWING MAJOR GROWTH IN 2020
Nearly 30,000 people have participated since March
EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wisconsin — (September 23, 2020) — The Experimental Aircraft Association’s free webinar series, which has brought top aviation experts and personalities to online presentations for the past decade, has now welcomed more than 200,000 people to the sessions following substantial growth in 2020.
The webinars, which are supported by Aircraft Spruce and Specialty, have drown approximately 30,000 people since March 1 as aviation enthusiasts sought information and community during the COVID-19 pandemic. EAA expanded its webinar offerings to as many as four sessions per week in recent months.
“Reaching this attendance milestone well ahead of schedule is very gratifying to us, as it means we are reaching EAA members and other aviation enthusiasts with the information they want and the sense of community that is so important to us who fly,” said Charlie Becker, EAA’s director of chapters, communities, and homebuilt community manager. “The enthusiastic feedback we have received for this content means we’ll be planning for even more in the coming months.”
EAA’s webinar series at EAA.org/Webinars covers the entire spectrum of recreational aviation, from learn-to-fly and aircraft maintenance to weather knowledge and aviation history. All live webinars are free to all, with nearly 600 archived webinars available to EAA members via the association’s video library.
Many webinars are eligible for FAA WINGS and AMT credits through the FAA Safety Program. The upcoming series in October and November currently includes the following sessions, with more expected to be added:
- Tuesday, October 6: (Homebuilders webinar series) $500 HUD; John Marzulli
- Wednesday, October 7: The Looming Mechanic Shortage; Mike Busch*
- Wednesday, October 14: Strategies for Limiting, and Protecting Yourself From, Liability as an Aircraft Owner or Renter; Jack Harrington, Paul Herbers, Alan Farkas, and Jim Anderson
- Tuesday, October 20: Emergency Bailout Procedures for Pilots and Survival Equipment; Allen Silver*
- Tuesday, October 27: Flying Clubs – Growing Participation in Aviation; David Leiting
- Tuesday, November 3: (Homebuilders webinar series) Van’s RV-14; Greg Hughes
- Tuesday, November 10: International Aerobatic Club Turns 50 Years Old, Mike Heuer and Lorrie Penner
- Wednesday, November 11: True or Magnetic?, Paul Shuch* (* – Eligible for FAA WINGS and/or AMT credits)
EAA embodies The Spirit of Aviation through the world’s most engaged community of aviation enthusiasts. EAA’s 230,000 members and 900 local chapters enjoy the fun and camaraderie of sharing their passion for flying, building and restoring recreational aircraft. For more information on EAA and its programs, call 800-JOIN-EAA (800-564-6322) or go to www.eaa.org. For continual news updates, connect with www.twitter.com/EAA.