Founded on January 26, 1953 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, as a local club for those who built and restored their own aircraft, the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) quickly grew to become a vibrant and growing aviation community that includes all who enjoy flying for recreation and welcomes all aviation enthusiasts to participate.
Today, EAA is headquartered in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, as a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation (legal name: Experimental Aircraft Association Inc.) that includes 200,000 members in more than 100 countries.
EAA’s mission is dedicated to growing participation in aviation. We strive to make aviation easier, more accessible, more rewarding, and more fun – igniting and nurturing interest by embracing "The Spirit of Aviation" in all that we do. EAA encourages and supports:
- Clear pathways that ignite and nurture interest;
- A welcoming and supportive environment;
- Opportunities to participate in all aspects of aviation;
- Making aviation more accessible;
- The camaraderie and community of aviators and enthusiasts.
EAA Senior Communications Advisor