We are currently experiencing some issues with slow log ins. If you are having trouble logging in, please do not reset your password, but try again later.
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Diversity + PassionOur love for aviation shows itself in different ways. Whatever sparks your obsession, EAA will help you chase it with everything we’ve got.
Sun ’n Fun Warbirds Award Winners
June 2015 - The warbirds award winners at this year’s Sun ’n Fun International Fly-In & Expo formed a stellar and diverse group of aircraft that represent the true pride and professionalism each Warbirds of America member takes in his aircraft. From large to small, again it’s a truly interesting group of aircraft.
Here are the Sun ’n Fun warbirds award winners for 2015.
- Grand Champion – 1941 L-1 Stinson Vigilant, N63230, Kermit Weeks, Polk City, Florida
- Reserve Grand Champion – 1943 SNJ-4 North American, N6360G, David Vandenberg, Chula Vista, California
- Grand Champion Post WWII – 1951 L-19 Cessna, N5308G, Stewart Ellis, Luthersville, Georgia
- Best Fighter – 1945 P-51 North American, N51MX, Louis Horschel, Springville, New York
- Best Trainer – 1942 PT-19 Fairchild, N58109, Michael Mock, Tampa, Florida
- Best Transport – 1955 L-26 Aero Design, N30U, Scott Main, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Best Liaison – 1954 L-21B Piper, N120KH, Harvey Hawkins, Asheville, North Carolina
- Preservation Award – 1956 L-19 Cessna, C-FTAL, Murray Kot, Mulmur, Ontario, Canada
- Judges Choice – 1945 C-54E Douglas Skymaster, N500EJ, Berlin Airlift Historical Foundation, Toms River, New Jersey