Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Sun ’n Fun Warbirds Award Winners
June 2015 - The warbirds award winners at this year’s Sun ’n Fun International Fly-In & Expo formed a stellar and diverse group of aircraft that represent the true pride and professionalism each Warbirds of America member takes in his aircraft. From large to small, again it’s a truly interesting group of aircraft.
Here are the Sun ’n Fun warbirds award winners for 2015.
- Grand Champion – 1941 L-1 Stinson Vigilant, N63230, Kermit Weeks, Polk City, Florida
- Reserve Grand Champion – 1943 SNJ-4 North American, N6360G, David Vandenberg, Chula Vista, California
- Grand Champion Post WWII – 1951 L-19 Cessna, N5308G, Stewart Ellis, Luthersville, Georgia
- Best Fighter – 1945 P-51 North American, N51MX, Louis Horschel, Springville, New York
- Best Trainer – 1942 PT-19 Fairchild, N58109, Michael Mock, Tampa, Florida
- Best Transport – 1955 L-26 Aero Design, N30U, Scott Main, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Best Liaison – 1954 L-21B Piper, N120KH, Harvey Hawkins, Asheville, North Carolina
- Preservation Award – 1956 L-19 Cessna, C-FTAL, Murray Kot, Mulmur, Ontario, Canada
- Judges Choice – 1945 C-54E Douglas Skymaster, N500EJ, Berlin Airlift Historical Foundation, Toms River, New Jersey