We are currently experiencing some issues with slow log ins. If you are having trouble logging in, please do not reset your password, but try again later.
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
EAA at Your Local AirportEducation, hands-on activities, friendship, fun, and fly-ins. Find them near you.
Reserve Your Spot Now—Special Chapter Leadership Academy, February 2016
Next academy: Oshkosh! February 4-5, 2016 (Thursday and Friday, prior to that weekend’s EAA Skiplane Fly-In/Chili Cook-Off)
Now is your chance to attend a very special EAA Chapter Leadership Academy, an interactive two-day workshop that focuses on topics important to you as chapter leaders.
Participants stay at the EAA Air Academy Lodge in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, and immerse themselves in a wide range of chapter-related subjects such as chapter business fundamentals, recruitment, fundraising, public relations, EAA chapter resources, programs, and more!
The academy provides an excellent opportunity to network with other chapter leaders as well as interact with EAA staff.
This special session begins on Wednesday afternoon, where participants enjoy a social hour and a special dinner. Thursday starts a full day of classes, which conclude at noon on Friday. Stay over for Saturday’s EAA Skiplane Fly-In! Count on meeting and talking with a host of EAA staffers, and don’t miss a very special EAA AirVenture Museum tour we have planned for you!
Things to Bring:
- Your enthusiasm to share your experiences and learn from other chapter leaders
- Warm casual clothes and comfortable walking shoes
- Sweater/sweatshirt and jacket
- Personal items: Clothes, towel/washcloth, soap, toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo, comb, and brush
- Medications and prescriptions
- Camera, cellphone, and chargers
- Notebooks, pens
- The chapter leaders participating in the academy will receive a special discount for the museum gift shop. You will need your registration badge to take advantage of the discount, and special time will be allowed for you to visit the gift shop. So if you are arriving early you may want to wait to make your purchases.
- Meals and snacks are provided for the academy, beginning with the meet-and-greet on Wednesday, February 3 at 5 p.m., then dinner that evening and concluding on Friday at noon with a boxed lunch. Rest assured, you will not go home hungry.
- Lodging is provided free for participants in the EAA Air Academy Lodge. Participants share a dorm-style room with a fellow workshop attendee. You are welcome to stay over Friday night if you want to attend EAA’s Skiplane Fly-In/Chili Cook-Off
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Brett Hahn.