Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
EAA at Your Local AirportEducation, hands-on activities, friendship, fun, and fly-ins. Find them near you.
Resource Highlight: Membership Roster Management Tool
July 2021 – Keeping track of your chapter membership is like taking the pulse of your chapter. Careful monitoring of the membership numbers of your chapter is of extreme importance as they are a key indicator of the chapter’s overall health. Growing or steady membership indicates a healthy chapter. Shrinking membership should be reason for concern. Because of its importance, having a good way to track your membership is vital. Many chapters store their membership information in a spreadsheet or a series of spreadsheets. While this method works to an extent, its greatest limitations lie in access and accuracy, which is difficult to maintain with multiple versions floating around.
EAA’s Roster Management Tool provides an answer to both of these limitations, along with additional benefits. It provides one source of truth for your membership records, is accessible by those who need it, when they need it, pulls EAA membership as well as Youth Protection Training and background check expiration dates directly from the national membership database, and allows you to create a shareable roster with the simple click of a button.
Some of the unique features of the tool include:
- The option to upload photos if you’d like a pictorial directory.
- The ability to mark certain data fields “private” if members do not want their phone numbers, email addresses, or physical addresses shared.
- The ability to select Active or Inactive status on individual person records so you can maintain records even for folks who are deceased or have moved away.
- Three different access levels, including admin, read-only, and no access.
- The ability to see at a glance how many current, new, and expired members your chapter has.
- A dropdown with member and non-member types including regular, family, lifetime, honorary, student, prospect, and non-member. You decide how to use/define these options.
For information on how the tool works, check out this webinar by Charlie Becker.
If your chapter does not already have access to the roster tool, you can request to be added by going to EAAChapters.org. Before filling out the form, please check with others in your chapter to make sure someone else didn’t already sign the chapter up. Upon receiving your request, we will send you a spreadsheet ready to be filled in with the information for the tool. When you fill this out and send it back, we will upload it into the system then email you back with a username and password.
Take control of your chapter’s health and start using the EAA Chapter Roster Management Tool today!