Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
EAA at Your Local AirportEducation, hands-on activities, friendship, fun, and fly-ins. Find them near you.
Eight Chapter Resources for a New Year
Serena Kamps, EAA Lifetime 1011028
January 18, 2022 – Happy New Year! To our newest chapter leaders I want to say, thank you for stepping up to make a difference in your chapter! Although you may still be wondering what you’ve gotten yourself into, I want to assure you that the chapter team is prepared to support and assist as required to help you keep your chapter on track and moving forward. What follows is a list of the resources we think will be most beneficial to you as a new or returning chapter leader. Start the year off right by familiarizing yourself with each of these. I promise it will be time well-spent!
- Chapter Leadership Academies and Boot Camps – Your opportunity to hear from chapters staff on practical ways to grow and improve your chapter. In addition, you’ll benefit from the tremendous networking value among fellow chapter leaders. Academies are a two-day event held at EAA headquarters in Oshkosh. Boot Camps are a condensed, one-day, on-the-road version of the same content held in various locations around the country. Find out more and sign up.
- Chapter Webinars – Each year, the chapter team offers a couple webinars specifically for chapter presidents, vice presidents, secretaries, and treasurers. In addition, you will find a wealth of information in our webinar archives covering everything from financial management and tax issues to chapter programs and resources. Register for upcoming webinars and view archives.
- Chapter Video Magazine – Your source for the latest news pertinent to chapters, these monthly videos are delivered direct to your inbox and contain exclusive chapter content.
- ChapterGram – Here, you’ll find success stories from other chapters, news and announcements, program updates, and tips for improving your chapter. Don’t miss it!
- Speakers Bureau – Looking for ideas for speakers at your monthly gatherings? Look no further than EAA’s Speakers Bureau, a listing of aviation presenters in your area. You can also search for those perhaps not-so-local who have indicated they are willing to present virtually.
- Marketing materials – Choose from a collection of ready-made EAA rack cards and brochures or customize and print your own posters for your event. You can even request an email to go out to all EAA members in your area inviting them to your next big event. Find information about these and other marketing items.
- Chapter Handbook – This is your guide for all things related to running your chapter. From marketing strategies, to financial management, to program and activity ideas, this will be your go-to resource for direction on growing and improving your chapter.
- EAA.org/ChapterResources – The starting point for further exploration into any of the above and much, much more. If you need inspiration or ideas, you might just find them here. Here is just a sampling of some of the resources you can find on this page:
- 5-Year Flight Plan – Template for planning chapter goals
- Chapter Officer Quick Reference Guide – Outlines chapter officer responsibilities
- Roster Management Tool – Store all your chapter member information in one convenient online location accessible to anyone who needs it, when they need it.
- Calendar of Important Chapter Dates – Mark these on your chapter calendar!
Whether you’re a brand-new chapter leader or a seasoned veteran, I encourage you to explore these resources and try something new in 2022!