EAA is hiring AirVenture and seasonal staff. Attend one of our upcoming hiring events and apply now!
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
EAA at Your Local AirportEducation, hands-on activities, friendship, fun, and fly-ins. Find them near you.
Chapters and Young Eagles Award Nominations Open
March 2023 – Nominations are now open for the 2023 EAA Chapters and Young Eagles awards. These awards will be presented at EAA AirVenture this summer to recognize the chapter volunteers and Young Eagles volunteers who went above and beyond in their roles to promote The Spirit of Aviation.
Nominate those chapter members who have gone the extra mile and beyond throughout the year for the betterment of their chapter, EAA, and the general aviation community. Strong and healthy EAA chapters are the backbone of the organization. Those honored have demonstrated their passion and dedication for their chapter, EAA, and recreational aviation.
Chapter volunteers are eligible for the following awards:
- Major Achievement Award — Many EAA members go above and beyond the call of their chapter member duty. To recognize these select individuals, EAA awards members with a Chapter Major Achievement Award. Winners are selected for their EAA and chapter dedication, service to the aviation community, and their personal achievement. Submit a Nomination
- Newsletter Editor — Newsletters are one of the main communication links for chapters. Composing a monthly chapter newsletter that is informative, easy to read, and interesting is a daunting task for the newsletter editor. Newsletters are judged on consistency, appearance, layout, and content. Submit a Nomination
- Web Editor — Many EAA chapters have embraced the internet to communicate and connect with fellow aviators, allowing them to better serve the local members and the aviation community at large. Websites are judged on ease of use, appearance, layout, and content. Submit a Nomination
Young Eagles Awards
Each year during AirVenture, EAA recognizes several dedicated individuals for their volunteer contributions to the Young Eagles program.
Young Eagles volunteers are eligible for the following awards:
- Young Eagles Chapter Coordinator Award — Awarded to a Young Eagles coordinator nominated for their special commitment to their chapter.
- Young Eagles Ground Support Award — Awarded to a ground volunteer nominated for their exceptional work during Young Eagles rallies.
- Young Eagles Horizon Award — Recognizes the exceptional efforts a volunteer, chapter, or other organization provides in support of youth aviation.
- Phillips 66 Young Eagles Leadership Award — Presented by Phillips 66 Aviation, this award recognizes an outstanding volunteer or organization that has made significant contributions to the Young Eagles program.