EAA’s Flying Start program allows EAA chapters to welcome and encourage new aviation enthusiasts to the fun, freedom, and accessibility of personal aviation.
The program consists of an EAA-prepared PowerPoint presentation and video that provide the attendees with information about learning to fly. The hosting chapter can customize this experience with information about their local chapter and flight training resources. The presentation is capped off with an EAA Eagle Flight for each attendee.
The goal of the Flying Start program is to provide interested adults a pathway to flight training and involvement with their local EAA chapter.
All EAA chapters and squadrons are eligible to host an EAA Flying Start event if they meet the following criteria:
Register to Host a Flying Start Event
- Availability of local flight instruction
- Volunteer pilots available to provide Eagle Flights
- Buy-in from chapter members to engage with participants during and after the event
- Comfortable gathering area/presentation space for up to 20 participants
- Audio/visual equipment with a screen and speakers
EAA will provide your chapter with a number of materials to support your Flying Start event. Your chapter will receive a printed copy of the Flying Start Program Handbook and Event Guide, which outlines the steps to hosting a successful event, along with a supply of customizable promotional posters, rack cards, and business cards to help you advertise your Flying Start event in the local community.