EAA is here to help your chapter host a Flying Start event. If your chapter has hosted a Young Eagles rally or pancake breakfast, hosting a Flying Start event should be no problem!
Beginning planning your chapter’s Flying Start event by following these five simple steps.
Steps to Hosting a Flying Start Event
- Register event and create sign-up link › (60-90 days out)
- Order event materials and custom marketing collateral › (45-60 days out)
- Apply for chapter insurance › (30-45 days out)
- Download presentation materials › (15-30 days out)
- Provide Flying Start programming and Eagle Flights to attendees (Day of event)
All EAA chapters and squadrons are eligible to host an EAA Flying Start event if they meet the following criteria:
- Availability of local flight instruction
- Volunteer pilots available to provide Eagle Flights
- Buy-in from chapter members to engage with participants during and after the event
- Comfortable gathering area/presentation space for up to 20 participants
- Audio/visual equipment with a screen and speakers
Flying Start Resources
EAA has complied a number of resources to make hosting a Flying Start event as simple as possible!Flying Start Resources