Instructions for New Scholar Applicants:
To access the Ray Aviation Scholarship application, please click the button below.
This will take you to the application log-in page. Once here, click "Sign Up" and enter your email address. You will be asked to create a password. After this step, your account will be created and you can log in to complete the application.
Once you are logged in, follow the on screen prompts. After submitting the application, EAA will review the application, and your chapter will be notified via email of your award status.
Ray Scholar Application
To help you complete the application, EAA has put together a checklist of information you will need to complete the application. Scholar Applicant Checklist - Have this information ready to submit:
- EAA number (if applicable).
- Date the applicant plans to begin training (must be within 60 days of receiving award).
- How the scholar plans to stay engaged with the chapter and fulfill volunteer service hours.
- Certification desired (glider, sport, or private).
- Copy of FAA medical (private pilot applicants only).
- Copy of student pilot certificate.
- Information regarding the flight training location the applicant will use if accepted (name, type of aircraft, website, etc.).
- Where the applicant plans to complete ground school or a copy of their FAA written exam score.
- Contingency plan should training cost more than the amount of money awarded.
- Copy of most recent page in logbook (if applicable).
- Total amount of other flight training awards received from other groups (EAA chapter, Civil Air Patrol, etc.).
- Email of individual who will be writing the applicant’s letter of recommendation (teacher, CFI, or chapter member).
- In the applicant's own words, a 200-250 word explanation on why they should be selected for this award.