Returning for AirVenture, chapters now have an affordable opportunity to establish a “beachhead” at which to base their activities. Rather than paying by the day, a campsite is staked out until the convention ends. Chapters are able to purchase in advance two to six campsites at a flat rate in order to establish a chapter base of operations. Since the campsites will be staked out in advance, each chapter can direct its members to camp in the vicinity of this area.
The following guidelines apply to this special opportunity:
- Chapter Benefit - Chapters can secure two to six campsites in advance for up to 17 days of camping as a chapter through the end of AirVenture. Additional sites may be acquired under the usual camping rules and pricing.
- Chapter Benefit - No need to travel to Oshkosh early to stake out your chapter group camping area. Due to the campground already being open for weeks, with many sites already filled in highly desired areas, chapter campsites will be staked out as close as possible to the desired locations listed by the chapter.
- At least one camping person per individual camping site must be a current chapter member and a current EAA member through the end of AirVenture Oshkosh. A list of EAA members (one per campsite) to attend with the chapter (who must be current through the end of AirVenture Oshkosh) will be provided in writing to the camper registration staff with the chapter camping request form.
- Offer excludes improved sites (water and electric), sites in Paul’s Woods, 101 Woods, handicap, and generator areas. If a “tent only” site is designated, only chapter group tenting is permitted in these areas. Note – Camp Scholler is always changing in site type layout, facilities, roads, and infrastructure.
- Chapter camping is only available in Camp Scholler, aircraft camping is excluded from this offer.
- No refunds due to early departure are allowed for these campsites.
- Chapters must comply with the policies and guidelines stated in EAA’s current camping guidelines.
- The chapter leader or chapter designee will manage all chapter camping credentials.
- A chapter designee for each chapter will arrive first and pick up the camping credentials for all chapter campers and be available to distribute them to their respective campers as they arrive. The chapter designee checking in the chapter must present the chapter camping confirmation form, which will be emailed to them in advance after payment is processed by EAA.
Grab your camping gear, chapter flags, and banners, and decorate the site!
Additional camping information, along with services provided, can be found here.
If you have any questions, please contact the EAA Chapter Office at email@example.com.
Refer to the Camp Scholler map to select your chapter’s desired campsite. Areas shaded in red are excluded from the chapter camping program. Click image to enlarge.