The Bubble Run by Cool Events, which was scheduled to take place on the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh grounds today, Saturday, September 9, was canceled in January. Please visit their website to contact them at https://bubblerun.com.
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Stay InspiredEAA is your guide to getting the most out of the world of flight and giving your passion room to grow.
20 Resolutions to Fly in 2016
As 2016 is climbing out, EAA staff members are looking forward to honoring their New Year’s resolutions. You won’t be surprised to learn that our list of resolutions is aviation related. Check out the list and pick a few to challenge yourself to participate in aviation more this coming year. If you’ve made a resolution that you don’t see on this list, let us know!
1) Earn your pilot’s certificate.
2) Plan a flight over the most scenic part of your state or land at as many regional airports in your state as possible.
Photo by Jason Toney
3) Give somebody their first flight in a GA aircraft or encourage them to take an Eagle Flight.
4) Get involved with your local EAA chapter or attend one of their events, such as a pancake breakfast.
Photo by Dan Luft
6) Volunteer your aircraft and time through a charity like Pilots N Paws.
7) Attend an EAA SportAir Workshop to increase your knowledge of aircraft building.
8) Help a friend with their homebuilt/restoration project or start your own.
9) Submit a story about your project for “What Our Members Are Building/Restoring” in Sport Aviation.
10) Go camping with your aircraft.
Photo by Brady Lane
11) Start or finish a new rating or endorsement.
12) Take a basic aerobatics lesson or upset recovery training.
13) Take advantage of your member benefits and visit one of more than 300 aviation museums around the world for free.
14) Attend a local fly-in, air show, or aerobatics competition. Find some of the events in EAA’s calendar of events.
Photo by Brady Lane
17) Become a CFI so you can teach others to fly.
18) Fly something you’ve never flown before — an ultralight, seaplane, gyrocopter, helicopter, glider, or hot air balloon.
19) Send in a tip to “Hints for Homebuilders.”
20) Attend the World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration — EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2016.