Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
March Is a Busy Month at EAA HQ and AirVenture Museum
From EAA Volunteer Newsletter, February 2015 Issue
February, 2015 - While much of our volunteer news focuses on AirVenture, EAA has many volunteers who give their time throughout the year. In Oshkosh, we are so thankful for the volunteers who support so many different events year-round that bring the community to EAA and allow us share the spirit of aviation.
You are always invited you to take a trip to Oshkosh and join us as a guest or even as a volunteer at one of EAA’s events. In March, there are several activities to suit everyone’s interests, so don’t be a stranger at your headquarters!
Hops and Props: Saturday, March 7, is one of the EAA AirVenture Museum’s most popular annual events: Hops & Props, a fundraiser that features beverages and food, master brewers, microbrews, live music and more.
All proceeds from the event help underwrite the cost of museum activities throughout the year, including free aviation education programs.
You are welcome to attend the event, have a great time, and support EAA’s year-round museum programs. Tickets are available now for both general admission and the VIP Experience.
Family Flight Fest: Bring the family to this weekend-long event on March 14-15. There are plenty of activities for young ones to gets hands on with aviation. Activities include:
- Experience the thrill of flying in the Wright Flyer and Hot Seat simulators
- Parachute an egg safely to the ground in the “Houston, We May Have an Omelet” egg drop challenge
- Build your own specially designed paper airplane and compete with others
- Explore the museum in the Stamp Scavenger Hunt
- Watch radio-controlled airplane and model-making demonstrations
- Enjoy hands-on activities and exhibits in the KidVenture Gallery
- Assemble and fly a model glider you can keep
- Watch kid-friendly movies in the Skyscape Theater
- Enjoy a special showing of October Sky on Saturday night, March 14, at 6:30 p.m.
Skyscape Theater Royale: Enjoy EAA’s series of classic aviation films every month. On March 10 at 6:30 p.m., EAA will be screening a night of classic movie serials. Admission and popcorn are free! Learn more >>
Aviation Adventure Speaker Series: Join us on Thursday, March 19, at 7 p.m. for EAA’s Aviation Adventure Speaker Series. Dick Cole will be discussing the USS Indianapolis. This is a free community event and includes a beyond-the-barrier cockpit climb in variety of WWII aircraft after the presentation. Learn more >>