The Bubble Run by Cool Events, which was scheduled to take place on the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh grounds today, Saturday, September 9, was canceled in January. Please visit their website to contact them at https://bubblerun.com.
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Your Passion Finds PurposeWe’re everyone’s aviation association growing the spirit of aviation, and we look forward to your support.
Volunteer as a Young Eagles Pilot
May 2016 - Sharing your passion for flight by flying Young Eagles® is one of the most rewarding activities you can do as a pilot. Since 1992, more than 50,000 EAA individual members and chapter volunteers have provided nearly 2 million flights to youths age 8 to 17.
Getting involved is easy. EAA has all the necessary resources and complete pilot guidelines on the Young Eagles webpage. Below is brief overview of the pilot requirements. I hope you will consider becoming a Young Eagles pilot and keep the Spirit of Aviation alive for the next generation.
The Young Eagles pilot requirements are basic, but must be followed. To fly passengers in the EAA Young Eagles program, you must:
- Be an EAA member.
- Hold an appropriate Airman’s Certificate (sport pilot or greater).
- Possess a current Medical Certificate (if applicable).
- Be current to carry passengers in the aircraft you plan to use.
- Have a current biennial flight review.
- Complete the EAA Youth Protection Policy, which includes a short training session and background check.
- Complete the appropriate Young Eagles registration form before the flight, signed by you and each of your passengers. A parent or legal guardian signature is required for all Young Eagles flights.
- Conduct flights in an aircraft that is in airworthy condition.
- Have Aircraft Passenger Liability Insurance for the aircraft used (owned, rented, or borrowed).