Spread Your Wings at AirVentureGet your tickets to the World's Greatest Aviation Celebration today! Experience Oshkosh the ultimate way by camping under the wing of your aircraft.
DISCOVER THE EXCITEMENT OF AVIATION AT EAA’S FAMILY FLIGHT FEST ON MARCH 14-15
Interactive, educational weekend at AirVenture Museum will spark interest in flight
EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wis. — (Feb. 23, 2015) — Kick off springtime by discovering the exciting world of aviation with an interactive, educational family experience at EAA’s Family Flight Fest, scheduled for Saturday, March 14, and Sunday, March 15, at the EAA AirVenture Museum in Oshkosh.
From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day, the museum’s younger visitors can enjoy a variety of aviation-related activities that will educate and spark their curiosity in flight. Those who attend can participate in these activities:
- Experience the thrill of flying in the Wright Flyer simulator
- Parachute an egg safely to the ground in the “Houston, We May Have an Omelet” egg drop challenge
- Build your own specially designed paper airplane and enter it in contests featuring the new, improved paper airplane launcher
- Explore the museum in the Stamp Scavenger Hunt
- Watch kid-friendly movies in the Skyscape Theater
- Watch radio-controlled flying and model-making demonstrations
- Kids assemble and fly a model glider they can keep
- Enjoy kid-friendly movies in the Skyscape Theater
In addition, there is a special free movie evening on Saturday, March 14, at 6:30 p.m., when the film October Sky is shown in the museum’s Founders’ Wing.
“Family Flight Fest is all about fun no matter what your age,” said Bob Campbell, EAA’s director of the AirVenture Museum and museum education. “It’s a great way for families to enjoy activities together and discover more about the amazing worlds of flight, space and aerodynamics.”
Lunch will be available for purchase each day between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
About EAA AirVenture MuseumThe EAA AirVenture Museum is a world-class aviation museum located at 3000 Poberezny Road in Oshkosh, just off Highway 41 at the Highway 44 exit. The Museum is open seven days a week from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. EAA members receive free museum admission year-round. For more information, call the EAA AirVenture Museum at (920) 426-6108 or visit www.airventuremuseum.org.