Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
EAA AIRVENTURE OSHKOSH 2015 SCHEDULE SET WITH HIGH-FLYING FAMILY FUN AS ONE OF SUMMER’S TOP EVENTS
Apollo 13 astronauts; F-35, F-22, B-52 military aircraft; Dierks Bentley; and more
EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wisconsin — (June 7, 2015) — A commemoration of an amazing space rescue, a first-time appearance by one of the world’s top newest fighter jets, latest flying innovations, and an airport full of aircraft large and small are part of EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, the 63rd annual Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) fly-in convention, coming July 20-26 at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is the world’s largest fly-in event, with more than 10,000 aircraft coming to the Oshkosh area for the week, along with a total attendance surpassing 500,000 from more than 60 countries. The “World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration” welcomes flying machines ranging from the smallest ultralight to massive airliners and military aircraft.
“In the aviation community, if it has flown, is flying or will fly, it will come to Oshkosh,” said Rick Larsen, EAA’s vice president for communities and member programs, who coordinates AirVenture features and attractions.
Among this year’s EAA AirVenture Oshkosh highlights (all included with daily admission):
- Apollo 13 astronauts Jim Lovell and Fred Haise, Mission Control’s Gene Kranz and others commemorating the 45th anniversary of the harrowing space mission
- The latest in flying drones and unmanned aerial vehicles, including an 80-by-80 drone cage
- Attempts at a sky diving world record by more than 100 sky divers
- Airbus’ new A350 XWB airliner on display and in flight demonstrations July 20-22
- See airplane wings built (and help build them) in the “Give Flight” project
- Increased displays of current military aircraft, led by the F-35 Lightning II’s first civilian air show appearance, as well as the B-52 Stratofortress and flight demonstrations by the F-22 Raptor
- Magnificent vintage and warbird aircraft, meticulously restored and not only on display, but flying
- Daily afternoon air shows, including World War II anniversary extravaganzas on July 22-23 and 25, a Vietnam-era show on July 24, plus night air shows on July 22 and 25
- Amazing Valdez STOL airplanes landing and taking off in less than 50 feet
- Aviation fun and discovery for kids and the whole family at the KidVenture area
- Evening activities including music by Dierks Bentley (July 20) and Gary Sinise/Lt. Dan Band (July 24), presentations by aviation personalities, family-friendly outdoor movies, and more
Online discounts on admission are available through June 15. EAA AirVenture also offers camping right on the grounds, adjacent to the flightline, providing a convenient way to be part of the AirVenture “aviation city” that is part of the unique culture of this internationally known event.
About EAA AirVenture Oshkosh
EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is “The World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration” and EAA’s yearly membership convention. Additional EAA AirVenture information, including advance ticket and camping purchase, is available online at www.eaa.org/airventure. EAA members receive lowest prices on admission rates. For more information on EAA and its programs, call 1-800-JOIN-EAA (1-800-564-6322) or visit www.eaa.org. Immediate news is available at www.twitter.com/EAA.