Spread Your Wings at AirVentureGet your tickets to the World's Greatest Aviation Celebration today! Experience Oshkosh the ultimate way by camping under the wing of your aircraft.
Winter Flight Fest brings family activities, skiplanes to EAA Aviation Museum on February 10
EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wisconsin — (January 25, 2024) — The annual Winter Flight Fest will bring family activities and the popular skiplane fly-in to the EAA Aviation Museum on Saturday, February 10, from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
The day is designed for all ages and is a family-friendly series of activities through the museum and at its Pioneer Airport facility. Among the highlights included with regular museum admission that day:
- Hands-on family activities:
- Wright Flyer simulator – Take the controls of the first powered airplane at Kitty Hawk
- Paper airplane launcher – Fold your best creation and see how it flies
- Aviator BINGO – Join an aviation-themed BINGO game with a twist.
- Pararescue challenge, where kids design a miniature parachute and test it in a wind tunnel
- Indoor model airplane flying – Discover what it takes to build and fly a radio-control model
- Rotorcrafting – build your own helicopter with a working rotor from recycled household materials
- Airplane model building contest: Open to all ages with no entry fee, with divisions for adults and youth. Contestants can build their models prior to February 10, but must have their models registered at the museum’s Air Racing Gallery by 1 p.m. Judging begins at 2 p.m., with winners announced immediately following judging.
- Skiplane Fly-In: Pilots from throughout the upper Midwest land on the snow-covered airstrip at Pioneer Airport. Skiplane arrivals begin at 9 a.m. with all of them departing by 2 p.m.. Museum visitors are welcome to walk among the parked airplanes and discover more about this facet of fun flying. Shuttles will operate from the museum to Pioneer Airport throughout the day. (Due to weather cancellation of the skiplane fly-in last year, this year’s fly-in will be “invite only” for pilots who were registered last year). The fly-in is weather permitting with a makeup date scheduled for Saturday, February 17 in the event of a cancellation.
About EAA Aviation Museum
The EAA Aviation Museum is located just off Interstate 41 at the Highway 44 exit in Oshkosh. The museum is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. EAA members receive free museum admission year-round. For more information, call the EAA Aviation Museum at (920) 426-4818 or visit www.EAA.org/museum.