The Bubble Run by Cool Events, which was scheduled to take place on the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh grounds today, Saturday, September 9, was canceled in January. Please visit their website to contact them at https://bubblerun.com.
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Stay InspiredEAA is your guide to getting the most out of the world of flight and giving your passion room to grow.
2022 Young Eagles Credits Now Available
March, 2023 —
Every year, the EAA Young Eagles credit program awards a credit to pilots and chapters for each Young Eagle flown in a calendar year. The 2022 Young Eagles chapter credits were worth $5 per flight. The total credits earned by a chapter was communicated to Young Eagles coordinators, chapter presidents, and chapter treasurers in late February 2023.
Chapters have until December 31, 2023, to make a purchase that qualifies for Young Eagles credit reimbursement. To view current Young Eagles credit balances and submit a request, visit EAA.org/YECredits. Chapter credit balances will be updated each month.
Top 5 Young Eagles Credit Opportunities
- Sponsor a Youth for EAA Air Academy — Many chapters use Young Eagles credits to offset the cost of sending youths to EAA Air Academy. Do not delay, as slots for the 2023 camp already have a waitlist! Air Academy information and applications are available at EAA.org/AirAcademy.
- Enhance Your Chapter’s Young Eagles Program — Credits can be put toward a wide variety of materials, supplies, and activities that will enhance your Young Eagles program. This includes the purchase of a Young Eagles Workshop kit, participation in the Young Eagles Build and Fly program, safety materials, marketing materials, and more. Learn more at EAA.org/YECredits.
- Purchase a Chapter iPad for EAA’s Digital Signature App — Chapters using Young Eagles Online Registration (YoungEaglesDay.org) can now use EAA’s Digital Signature app, compatible on iPads with iOS 13 or greater, to collect parent and pilot signatures. This will eliminate the need for paper waivers! Learn more at EAA.org/YEDigitalSignature.
- Put on a Young Eagles Workshop — The EAA Young Eagles Workshops program provides an easy, turnkey program for EAA chapters to offer youths who are of school age (approximately 11 to 17) an opportunity to learn about aviation in a social setting at a local airport. EAA Young Eagles Workshops can be a one-day or a multiple-day experience geared to introduce kids to the basic elements of airplanes and aviation. Learn more at EAA.org/YEWorkshops.
- Participate in the Young Eagles Build and Fly program — This chapter modeling “program in a box” is designed for EAA chapters to introduce youth to RC model building and flying. The program kit is valued at roughly $1,500. However, the entire kit can be purchased for $500 (plus shipping and handling). To help chapters take advantage of the program, chapters may now use Young Eagles credits to purchase the kit. Learn more at EAA.org/YEBuildandFly.
To learn more about the Young Eagles Credits program, visit EAA.org/YECredits.