Meet new friends and visitors from all over the world as an EAA Aviation Museum docent.
EAA’s museum docents come from all walks of life, professional and non-professional. Although it's not required, many of those who fill this role are retired and enjoy the camaraderie of other docents.
Most importantly, they bring a variety of talents, skills, and interests to the program. There's no need to be an aviation expert to play a vital role in this activity; training is provided. Some ways that you can participate:
- Greet visitors and provide important information about the EAA Aviation Museum
- Distribute appropriate literature on EAA membership and education programs
- Participate in the annual EAA Aviation convention
- Serve as a tour guide for scheduled group tours
To volunteer, complete the application form and submit via:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (please include "Volunteering" in the subject line)
Mail: EAA Aviation Center, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 3086, Oshkosh, WI 54903-3086
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct guided museum tours of approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours in length.
- Be comfortable speaking to small and large groups of people of all ages.
- Greet and welcome tour groups and visitors upon their arrival at the Museum.
- Provide information to museum visitors and answer questions while stationed in specific areas.
- Assist with special events, including AirVenture
- Distribute literature regarding the Museum and EAA programs.
- Rove the Museum to provide assistance to visitors as needed
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Participate in a minimum of 2 four-hour shifts per month.
- Have a desire to educate and inspire visitors to the museum.
- Capable of speaking to large groups.
- Learn the history of aviation and of the museum collection.
- Must be physically able to conduct tours of the museum as needed.
- Participate in docent activities and training.
- Have access to email for training and correspondence.
- Must be able to provide their transportation.
- Able to accept supervision and follow direction.
- Prior knowledge or experience in aviation is not required but would be an asset.