Please read the following information carefully. You will find the full policy and FAQs linked at the bottom of this page.
EAA’s Youth Protection Policy and Program sets basic requirements for EAA staff and volunteers who work with children under age 18. It includes online best-practices training and, for certain categories of volunteers, a basic background check (U.S. and Canadian residents only).
All of the following persons are required to complete both the online training and background check. Both steps are necessary and the cost is covered by EAA.
- All Young Eagles pilots
- All Chapter Young Eagles Coordinators and Field Representatives
- Two-deep leadership supervisors
- Volunteers who will work with youth in ongoing programs other than Young Eagles
- EAA staff
Note: While not all volunteers who will work in some capacity with youth in an EAA-related program or event are required to complete training and basic background checks, we strongly encourage them to complete both steps.
If you’re wondering whether your volunteer activities should comply with the training and background check, please review the policy and the frequently asked questions pages on this website.
Training Access Instructions:
1. In order to access the Youth Protection Training you will need to sign in to your account at EAA.org. If you do not have an online account, simply go to the sign in area at the top of page and create a username and password.
2. Once you are logged in at EAA.org, go to your Account Profile page by clicking “My Account” at the top of the page.
3. At the bottom of your Account Profile, click “Go to Training” then select "Training Information" and "Go to course" for the course you're looking to take.
The online training and background check review will typically take about 20-25 minutes. After information is submitted for the background check, we expect verification to take no more than 10 business days.
Upon successful completion of the online training and review, and the background check, each volunteer will receive an e-mail confirming he or she has successfully met the basic requirements of the Youth Protection Program and a printable wallet-sized card.
For complete information about EAA’s Youth Protection Policy and Program, please review the Policy and the program FAQs on this website.
If you have further questions and would like to contact someone at EAA Headquarters, please call our membership services office at 800-564-6322 or e-mail email@example.com.