The Bubble Run by Cool Events, which was scheduled to take place on the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh grounds today, Saturday, September 9, was canceled in January. Please visit their website to contact them at https://bubblerun.com.
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Spread Your Wings at AirVentureGet your tickets to the World's Greatest Aviation Celebration today! Experience Oshkosh the ultimate way by camping under the wing of your aircraft.
Space Day returns to EAA Aviation Museum on October 7
Jared Isaacman, Polaris Dawn mission commander, is the featured presenter
EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wisconsin — (September 14, 2023) — A day of fun family activities and exciting guest appearances are on the horizon, as the EAA Aviation Museum’s annual Space Day returns to Oshkosh on Saturday, October 7, with a theme of Space & Entrepreneurship.
Polaris Dawn mission commander Jared Isaacman will be the featured presenter. Isaacman is the CEO of Shift4 and an accomplished pilot & astronaut with more than 7,000 hours of flight time. He previously acted as commander of Inspiration4, the world’s first all-civilian orbital space mission. Polaris Dawn is a private spaceflight mission in collaboration with SpaceX to launch the Falcon 9 rocket into orbit for five days. The crew will work toward several objectives while in orbit including the first commercial spacewalk and research on human health over the course of long-duration spaceflight. Isaacman will be accompanied by two fellow members of the Polaris Dawn crew, mission pilot Scott Poteet, and mission specialist and medical officer Anna Menon.
Some of the Space Day activities include:
- Cup Rockets: Create a mini rocket to launch using cups and rubber bands.
- Mission Patch Contest: Design a mission patch for this year’s Space Day theme: Space & Entrepreneurship. The winning design will be turned into a sticker and passed out at next year’s Space Day!
- Compressed Air Rockets: Learn what makes a rocket fly high by building an air-compressed rocket out of basic household materials.
- Re-Entry Capsule Design: Ever wonder how astronauts return to Earth after a mission from space? Design a re-entry capsule that can survive a wind tunnel.
- Straw Rockets: Design a straw rocket and launch it through various obstacles.
- Spacesuit Challenge: Design a spacesuit to help a marshmallow man survive a vacuum.
In addition, youth 18 and under can submit entries in the Space Tourism Poster Contest. Participants can design a poster to promote travel to a destination outside of Earth’s atmosphere. More details are available at the EAA Aviation Museum website.
About EAA Aviation Museum
The EAA Aviation Museum is located just off Interstate 41 at the Highway 44 exit in Oshkosh. The museum is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. EAA members receive free museum admission year-round. For more information, call the EAA Aviation Museum at (920) 426-4818 or visit www.EAA.org/museum.