Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
EAA Announces AirVenture Fly-In Theater Lineup
March 24, 2015 - New documentaries, recent blockbusters, and aviation classics are among the featured attractions scheduled for the EAA Fly-In Theater at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2015, presented by Ford Motor Company. Every night beginning Sunday, July 19, through Saturday, July 25, moviegoers can bring lawn chairs and blankets to the Fly-In Theater and enjoy a classic aviation movie projected on a five-story screen. And the popcorn’s free, too!
Located adjacent to Camp Scholler, the Fly-In Theater is reminiscent of the drive-in theaters of the past. Each evening the show begins at approximately 8:30 p.m. (after the evening air show on Saturday). Movies will be introduced by celebrities, to be announced as they are confirmed.
Leading off the week on EAA AirVenture eve is a double feature of two new documentaries, “Flying the Feathered Edge: The Bob Hoover Project,” about the legendary aviator, and “Living in the Age of Airplanes,” a history of how aviation has changed the world produced and directed by Brian J. Terwilliger (“One Six Right”) and narrated by Harrison Ford.
Here’s the schedule for the rest of the week:
- Monday, July 20: See the sci-fi space thriller “Interstellar” (2014) starring Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway.
- Tuesday, July 21: “Unbroken” (2014), the poignant story of survival by a B-24 crew, starring Jack O’Connell, directed by Angelina Jolie.
- Wednesday, July 22: “Edge of Tomorrow” (2014), Futuristic thriller about world forces fighting aliens on Earth, starring Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt
- Thursday, July 23: “Disney’s Planes: Fire & Rescue” (2014) the animated sequel to the 2013 Disney hit “Planes,” which held a special pre-premier screening at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2013.
- Friday, July 24: “Apollo 13” (1995), starring Tom Hanks, Kevin Bacon, Bill Paxton, Gary Sinise, and Ed Harris. The epic story of NASA’s “successful failure” of the aborted Apollo 13 lunar mission.
- Saturday, July 25: “Battle of Britain” (1969), with an all-star cast led by Michael Caine, Trevor Howard, and Laurence Olivier, the story of how England successfully pushed back Nazi Germany for control of British airspace in 1940.
All movies at the Fly-In Theater are included with your admission wristband.