We are currently experiencing some issues with slow log ins. If you are having trouble logging in, please do not reset your password, but try again later.
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Stay Connected. Stay Informed.The latest news and the greatest photo galleries and videos.
Who Will Represent 2 Million Young Eagles at Oshkosh?
Looking for young person to win full flight training scholarship
May 5, 2016 – EAA chapters and members can help find the right young person who will represent 2 million Young Eagles at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2016! As we approach this historic milestone for the largest youth aviation education program ever created, one Young Eagle will be able to fulfill a dream of flight beginning at Oshkosh.
We’re searching for the representative of Young Eagle No. 2 million and it may have been someone you or your chapter knows! If you know such a youngster, urge them to apply today. (NOTE: The applicant will need the EAA number of the sponsoring member or chapter member to apply).
What are the requirements? Applicants must be:
- Between the ages of 15 and 17 (as of July 1, 2016)
- Able to attend AirVenture 2016 with a parent or guardian
- Have the recommendation from an EAA member via their member number.
That young person will receive:
- A trip to AirVenture 2016, including travel expenses, lodging, and admissions for the young person and parents/guardians.
- An Lightspeed aviation headset
- A $7,500 flight training scholarship
The application deadline is June 17, so act now! Young Eagles volunteers have made the program successful, so their nominations will supply the representatives of our Young Eagles program.