The Bubble Run by Cool Events, which was scheduled to take place on the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh grounds today, Saturday, September 9, was canceled in January. Please visit their website to contact them at https://bubblerun.com.
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Stay Connected. Stay Informed.The latest news and the greatest photo galleries and videos.
Things to Know About Fueling Your Aircraft at Oshkosh
July 8, 2021 – Basler Flight Service, which supplies aircraft fueling services at Wittman Regional Airport, has updated its procedures for EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2021. All fuel requests must be completed at a Basler fuel booth on the flightline or at the Basler FBO office. The new general aviation fuel cards are bright green and the prop cards from past years will no longer be used. AirVenture aircraft greeters will be distributing the new fuel cards to pilots when they arrive and park on the flightline. The cards are also available at the Basler fuel booth locations (North 40, South 40, or Vintage Aircraft Camping).
Some quick tips regarding this year’s procedure:
- Fuel cards should be printed legibly.
- Your row number must be provided on your fuel request card. If there is no row number provided on the request, the fuel request cannot be completed.
- Completed fuel cards should be turned in to the Basler fuel booth or the Basler FBO office. Fuel requests should not be attached to aircraft propellers.
- Once the completed card is received, a fuel truck will stop by the aircraft and complete the request according to the instructions on the fuel card.
- Please unlock any fuel caps on the day the fuel is requested.
NOTE: Aircraft parked on Basler hard surface ramps near the Wittman Regional Airport terminal do not need a green fuel card. Fuel can be ordered when checking in at the Basler FBO office. Also, aircraft parked in the Warbirds area will have the same fueling procedures as in the past, administered by the EAA Warbirds of America office on the grounds.
Aircraft parked on Basler hard surface ramps near the Wittman Regional Airport terminal do not need a green fuel card. Fuel can be ordered when checking in at the Basler FBO office.
Fuel requests should be completed as soon as possible to ensure the request can be completed in a timely manner. Waiting until the day of departure is not recommended, as fuel trucks operate no later than 6 p.m. each day.
To pay for fuel:
Go to a Basler fuel booth location, which open at 7:30 a.m. daily. Fuel truck drivers are unable to process payments. Calling the Basler FBO office to pay a bill is also strongly discouraged, as all unpaid tags are in the booths on the field during the day.