Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Variety of Aerial Firefighters Scheduled to Attend AirVenture 2019
July 18, 2019 - A variety of aerial firefighting aircraft are scheduled to attend and perform at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2019 in support of the aerial firefighting theme being celebrated during the week. While daily aerial firefighting demos are on the air show schedule, Wednesday through Saturday will feature an air attack incorporating a variety of aircraft working together to assist smokejumpers in putting out a simulated wildfire. You will be able to hear the actual lingo used to coordinate the attack and see what it takes to battle a wildfire wherever one may occur.
Among the aerial firefighting aircraft scheduled to participate in the demonstrations are the following:
- Lockheed C-130, operated by the Colorado Air National Guard, equipped with a modular airborne firefighting system (MAFFS).
- British Aerospace 146, operated by Neptune Aviation in Montana.
- Canadair CL-215, operated by Viking Air in British Columbia, Canada.
- Air Tractor 802 Fire Boss.
- U.S. Forest Service Short C-23 Sherpa with smokejumpers.
- Bridger Aerospace Group Shrike Commander.