Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Stay Connected. Stay Informed.The latest news and the greatest photo galleries and videos.
Vintage Aircraft Association Announces AirVenture 2018 Events
April 26, 2018 - The Vintage Aircraft Association has announced their schedule of events and activities in advance of EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2018. As always, the VAA has a perfect slate ready for fans of vintage aircraft.
The long list of things to do in the Vintage Area includes the Fun and Affordable Airplane Showcase, the Charles W. Harris Memorial Park dedication, a World War I aircraft encampment, and many more. A full list is included below.
- Fun and Affordable Airplane Showcase. Location: Across the paved road to the east of the Red Barn
- World War I aircraft encampment. Location: Across the paved road to the east of the Red Barn.
- Vintage milestone anniversary aircraft: Cessna 170, Swift, Hatz Biplane, Cessna 175. Location: Type club parking area south of the Hangar Cafe and west of the paved road.
- VAA Town Hall Meeting. Location: Vintage Hangar. Meet and talk to the VAA officers and directors over coffee and doughnuts. Monday, July 23, 8:00-8:45 a.m. Coffee and doughnuts starting at 7:30 a.m.
- Dedication of the Charles W. Harris Memorial Park. Location: Behind the Vintage Hangar. Monday, July 23, 11:45 a.m. The Ladies for Liberty will be performing.
- Youth Day. Tuesday, July 24, 8:00 a.m.-noon. Location: Vintage Hangar. Youth Forums. 11:00a.m.-noon. Interview Circle: Interviews with young aviators.
- Vintage Day, VAA fundraiser lunch. Location: Tall Pines Cafe. Wednesday, July 25, 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Hot dogs, apple pie and ice cream.
- Vintage Annual Membership Meeting. Location: Tall Pines Cafe. Wednesday, July 25, 5:00 p.m.-6:15 p.m.
- Annual Vintage Picnic. Location: Tall Pines Cafe. Wednesday, July 25, 6:30 p.m. The Ladies for Liberty will be performing. Tickets on sale at the Red Barn.
- Ladies Day. Thursday, July 26, 11:00 a.m.-noon. Location: Interview Circle. Interviews with ladies in aviation.
- Vintage Lindy Awards Ceremony. Location: Vintage Hangar. Friday, July 27, 7:00 p.m.
Vintage Aircraft Anniversaries and Gatherings
- Hatz Biplane 50th anniversary, Cessna 170 70th anniversary, and Swift gathering. More information, including how to register an airplane for an anniversary or gathering taking place during AirVenture 2018, can be found on EAA’s website.
- Tall Pines Cafe. Saturday, July 21 and Sunday, July 22. Open for breakfast (6:30-9:30 a.m.) and supper (4:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.).
- Vintage Red Barn. Hospitality. Lemonade and popcorn. VAA history on display. Information desk. Saturday, July 21, 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. Sunday, July 22, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- American Barnstormer Tour planes. Arrive Sunday, July 22, midday.
- Red Barn Merchandise Sales. Sunday, July 22, 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Aircraft Judging: Monday, July 23, 9:45 a.m. through Friday, July 27, noon
- Vintage Bookstore. Location: Behind the bleachers. Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Vintage Hangar —Forums Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m.—noon, type clubs Monday through Friday, noon-5:00 p.m.
- Vintage Red Barn. Hospitality. Lemonade and popcorn. VAA history on display. Information desk. Monday, July 23-Saturday, July 28, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Sunday, July 29, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Vintage in Review at Interview Circle. Bill and Myrt Rose Park. Monday through Friday, 11:00 a.m.-noon. Daily OX-5 engine run and Ladies for Liberty will be opening the program every day.
- Tall Pines Cafe. Monday, July 23 through Saturday, July 28, 6:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Breakfast.
- Hand propping demonstration. Location: Just west of the bleachers beside the bookstore. Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. (Except Monday, 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.).
- Metal shaping workshop. Location: Vintage Hangar south door. Monday through Friday.
- Vintage Charging Station. Sunday, July 22 through Sunday, July 29. 8 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Closes at noon on July 29.
- Red Barn. Merchandise sales. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8 a.m. —6 p.m. Open to 8 p.m. Wednesday and Saturday. Closed at noon July 29.