Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Stay Connected. Stay Informed.The latest news and the greatest photo galleries and videos.
AeroCinema to Feature Movies at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2016
June 22, 2016 - As a brand new feature for our AirVenture attendees, AeroCinema, a new, subscription-on-demand streaming service featuring shows and movies about aviation (think Netflix for aviation enthusiasts), will screen films in the EAA AirVenture Museum’s state of the art, air conditioned SkyScape theater throughout the week of AirVenture 2016.
With more than 400 documentaries, features, and profiles in its library, AeroCinema is dedicated to telling the stories of aviation - past, present, and future.
The documentaries featured during AirVenture 2016 will cover a broad range of aviation topics and historical events. From stories about the airplanes, pilots, and manufacturers that have played important roles in American military history, to feats in modern aviation.
The following films will be featured:
- Monday, July 25 – The Nazi’s Secret Factory
- The Nazi’s Secret Factory is the story of espionage, torture, and intrigue in the final days of World War II.
- Tuesday, July 26 – The XF-103
- Born from the fertile mind of Alexander Kartveli, the XF-103 was to be the world's best and most fantastic interceptor ever conceived. As one of the missing Century Series fighters, the XF-103 represented a quantum leap forward in fighter design.
- Wednesday, July 27 – Race With A Lady
- In 1969, The London to Sydney Air Race brought together pilots from around the world for an air marathon between the two cities. Star competitor Sheila Scott, a glamorous and record breaking solo pilot, hoped to achieve air racing glory by beating the time of 6 days set 30 years earlier by aviation legend Jean Batten.
- Thursday, July 28 – The 1-400
- With Pearl Harbor behind them, Japanese naval planners looked for a new way to strike a decisive blow against U.S. forces. The plan: to build massive, aircraft-carrying submarines that could deliver their deadly cargo to America's west coast and wreak havoc.
- Friday, July 29 – No Man Left Behind
- Follow author and Vietnam veteran, Ralph Wetterhahn, back to Cambodia, as he explores the site of the battle for Koh Tang island and tries to discover the fate of three Marines that were left behind on a fateful day in May, 1975.
- Saturday, July 30 – The Elephant Plane
- April 1, 1945. Germany is on the brink of defeat. To gain time and prepare their defenses, the Germans needed to slow the Soviet advance. The question was, how?
- Sunday, July 31 – Flight Above the Clouds
- Luftwaffe bomber pilot Horst Goetz was on a mission to strike Britain. Soaring at more than 40,000 feet in a secret German aircraft, the Junkers Ju86-R, he was able to attack British targets at will. Officer Emanuel Galitzine, a Russian Prince, flying in a modified Spitfire MK IX, was Britain’s last hope to stop the German invader.
The films will be shown twice daily in the SkyScape theater at 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Trailers for the films, along with instructions on how to start a 14-day free trial of the service, can be found on the AeroCinema website.