The Bubble Run by Cool Events, which was scheduled to take place on the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh grounds today, Saturday, September 9, was canceled in January. Please visit their website to contact them at https://bubblerun.com.
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Stay Connected. Stay Informed.The latest news and the greatest photo galleries and videos.
Warbirds in Review Schedule Announced for AirVenture 2017
June 15, 2017 - History comes to life through legendary wartime aircraft during Warbirds in Review sessions, which delve into aircraft restoration and operation and spotlight veterans sharing stories about what it was like to fly in combat or provide ground support.
Presentations take place at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. daily, July 24-29 on the Warbirds in Review ramp in Warbird Alley. This year’s Warbirds in Review schedule features the following:
- Monday, July 24 at 10 a.m. Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX owned by the Collings Foundation
- Monday, July 24 at 1 p.m. Douglas A-20 Havoc owned by Lewis Air Legends
- Tuesday, July 25 at 10 a.m. Vultee BT-13 owned by the Women Air Force Service Pilots (WASP) Museum
- Tuesday, July 25 at 1 p.m. Two Old Crow P-51 Mustangs owned by Jack Roush and Jim Hagedorn, with special presenter World War II triple ace Col. Bud Anderson
- Wednesday, July 26 at 10 a.m. North American B-25 Mitchell, 75th Anniversary Doolittle Raid presented by Dick Cole, the last remaining Doolittle pilot and Jimmy Doolittle’s copilot, Jonna Doolittle, and Jimmy Doolittle III
- Wednesday, July 26 at 1 p.m. Vietnam Tribute with Cessna L-19 Bird Dog and Grumman OV-1 Mohawk presented by Vietnam POW Bill Reader
- Thursday, July 27 at 10 a.m. presentation on the 8th Air Force with B-17 Madras Maiden from the Erickson Aircraft Collection
- Thursday, July 27 at 1 p.m. Grumman F8F Bearcat owned by John O’ Connor
- Friday, July 28 at 10 a.m. Republic P-47 Thunderbolt featuring D-Day pilot Deke Holman
- Friday, July 28 at 1 p.m. Northrop F-89 Scorpion presented by Dick Rutan
- Saturday, July 29 at 10 a.m. Beechcraft T-34 Mentor presented by its owner Apollo astronaut Frank Borman along with astronaut Jim Lovell; North American SNJ-4 (a T-6 variant) owned by Fagen Fighters World War II Museum
- Saturday, July 29 at 1 p.m. Bell P-63 Kingcobra owned by CAF Dixie Wing
The schedule also includes daily demonstrations at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. from the Warbirds Living History Group on flight gear associated with the upcoming aircraft. Next, vocalist Theresa Eaman will entertain the crowd with tunes from the 1940s through 1960s. Several Warbirds in Review presentations will be followed by book signing opportunities in the Warbirds Merchandise Building.