Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
William Stearman Coming to OSH16
July 13, 2016 - William Stearman, son of legendary aircraft designer Lloyd Stearman, will be attending EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2016 as part of the gathering of Stearmans helping celebrate Boeing’s centennial. Stearman will be conducting forum presentations on the history and designs of the Stearman Aircraft Corporation as well as his own military and diplomatic experiences during the Cold War and also signing copies of his book, An American Adventure at the AirVenture Welcome Center.
Stearman’s currently scheduled appearances include:
Monday July 25, 2016
- Vintage in Review (at Vintage Aircraft HQ) - 11:30 a.m. - noon
- Topic: Plane-side interview by VAA
Tuesday July 26, 2016
- Forum Presentation (at Forum No. 9) - 11:30 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
- Topic: History and Designs of the Stearman Aircraft Company
Wednesday July 27, 2016
- Announcers Stand Interview - 11:45 a.m. - oon
- Topic: General interview
- Book Signing (at Welcome Center) - 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Topic: An American Adventure
Thursday July 28, 2016
- Forum Presentation (at Forum No. 8) - 11:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- Topic: Cold War Experiences
Schedules are subject to change – always check the AirVenture schedule of events or the mobile app for the latest updates.