Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Blue Angels Flying Schedule at AirVenture
July 13, 2017 - The power and precision of the U.S. Navy Blue Angels will be on full display during EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2017. The world’s premier military jet team will be conducting full air show performances on July 28 and 29, with other flying activities and team personnel appearances throughout AirVenture week.
The Blue Angels schedule includes:
- Wednesday, July 26 – Jets 1-6 arrive during afternoon air show
- Thursday, July 27 – 1 p.m. Lt. Damon Kroes (Blue Angels jet No. 2) speaking at Warbirds in Review
- 5 p.m. Jets 1-4 orientation flight over AirVenture grounds.
- Friday, July 28 – 10 a.m.: Jets 5 and 6, and Fat Albert orientation flight over AirVenture grounds. (special 5-mile TFR in place)
- 1 p.m. Autograph opportunity at AirVenture Welcome Center
- 4 p.m. Air show performance (regular air show continues after Blue Angels)
- 7 p.m. Evening program at Theater in the Woods
- Saturday, July 29 – 5 p.m. Air show performance
- Sunday, July 30 – 3:30 p.m. Non-aerobatic air show performance
The U.S. Navy Blue Angels performances require a larger aerobatic box than normal, with a modified crowd line in force during the afternoon air shows on July 28-29.
The crowd line will run the entire length of the flightline, about 120 feet west of the regular crowd burn line. The line will be clearly marked and will run through the entire length of aircraft camping, including south of the ultralight area. Visitors will have access to this area until 1:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Pilots and crew members with aircraft parked between the two crowd lines will be allowed in the area with a security escort to preform essential tasks only 1:30-4 p.m. on Friday and 1:30-5 p.m. on Saturday.
Full access to the area will be restored after the completion of the daily air show on Friday, July 28 and Saturday, July 29.
In addition to the modified crowd line, visitors and pilots should also be aware of the temporary flight restriction (TFR) on Friday, July 28 from 10 to 11 a.m. All aircraft operations will be restricted within a 5-mile radius of Wittman Regional Airport from the surface to 16,000 feet MSL during the Blue Angels orientation flight beginning at 10 a.m. CDT on July 28, which is expected to last 60 minutes.