The Bubble Run by Cool Events, which was scheduled to take place on the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh grounds today, Saturday, September 9, was canceled in January. Please visit their website to contact them at https://bubblerun.com.
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Stay Connected. Stay Informed.The latest news and the greatest photo galleries and videos.
Top Gun Films Highlight Fly-In Theater at AirVenture 2022
May 19, 2022 — The aviators’ favorite Top Gun and the soon-to-be-released Top Gun: Maverick lead this year’s impressive schedule of aviation movies at the Fly-In Theater during EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2022.
For more than 15 years, the Fly-In Theater has been a tradition for AirVenture attendees. Reminiscent of the drive-in theaters that once populated the nation, the Fly-In Theater provides the perfect opportunity to relax after a long day of air shows, exhibits, and workshops. Located adjacent to EAA’s Camp Scholler campground, the nightly movies are shown on a five-story high movie screen and introduced by personalities ranging from aviation legends to Hollywood superstars. Bring a blanket or lawn chair, and enjoy the free popcorn during a night at the movies.
The Fly-In Theater films, which are included in AirVenture daily and weekly admission, are shown nightly from Saturday, July 23, through Saturday, July 30 (weather permitting), beginning at 8:30 p.m. For many of the films, special guests connected with the film or the aircraft involved will help introduce the screening. Fly-In Theater presentations are included with AirVenture admission.
This year’s stellar schedule includes:
- Saturday, July 23: Top Gun (1986) – The all-time favorite film about naval aviation starring Tom Cruise, Anthony Edwards, and Val Kilmer.
- Sunday, July 24: TBA
- Monday, July 25: Air Force One (1997) – This Harrison Ford fan favorite, also starring Gary Oldman and Glenn Close, features Ford as President of the United States whose aircraft is hijacked by terrorists.
- Tuesday, July 26: The McConnell Story (1955) – A Korean War fighter pilot hero returns home to test fly the new F-86 Sabre jets despite his wife’s uneasiness regarding his job. Starring Alan Ladd, June Allyson, and James Whitmore.
- Wednesday, July 27: Jet Pilot (1957) – Starring John Wayne and Janet Leigh, “The Duke” portrays an Air Force colonel tasked with escorting a defecting Soviet pilot who is trying to lure the American to the U.S.S.R.
- Thursday, July 28: Wolf Hound (2022) – The new film stars James Maslow and Trevor Donovan in a story inspired by the real-life German special operations unit KG 200 that shot down, repaired, and flew Allied aircraft as Trojan horses.
- Friday, July 29: Top Gun: Maverick (2022) – Tom Cruise, Jennifer Connelly, and Miles Teller update the story of Capt. Pete Mitchell as a legendary test pilot called back to train a new group of hot shots.
- Saturday, July 30: Toward The Unknown (1956) – William Holden, James Garner, and Lloyd Nolan star in this depiction of Edwards Air Force Base test pilots pushing themselves to the limit at the dawn of supersonic flight.