Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Stay Connected. Stay Informed.The latest news and the greatest photo galleries and videos.
Learn To Fly Center Expands Offerings for EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2022
June 9, 2022 - The EAA Learn to Fly Center is the primary location at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2022 for information about learning to fly. The venue has expanded this year to provide an even more valuable experience. The center will be located at the Four Corners in the middle of the AirVenture grounds. Operating hours are Monday, July 25, to Sunday, July 31, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The EAA Learn to Fly Center will feature multiple stations, each dedicated to helping individuals take a step forward in their desire to learn to fly. Certified flight instructors (CFIs), experienced pilots, and those fresh out of flight training will be on hand to help answer any questions about the flight training process.
New features in 2022 include:
- Daily forums at 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m., and 12:45 p.m.
- Topics include tips for passing your checkride, saving time and money in flight training, FAA medical certification, overcoming obstacles in your training, leveraging flight simulators, and more.
- Redbird Flight Training Devices, with the opportunity to take a flight lesson with a certified flight instructor
- At-home flight simulators equipped with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and Honeycomb Aeronautical flight simulator controls.
- Young Eagles 30th Anniversary Exhibit
- Young Eagles Mustang Raffle
Returning to the Learn to Fly Center will be:
- Locater to find a flight school and/or FAA aviation medical examiner
- Information on EAA’s Learn to Fly programs and resources
- Student pilot certificate registration station
Volunteers are still needed for the Learn to Fly Center. Whether you are an experienced CFI, low-time private pilot, or brand-new student, your skills are appreciated at the Learn to Fly Center. Those interested in volunteering can sign up online.