The Bubble Run by Cool Events, which was scheduled to take place on the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh grounds today, Saturday, September 9, was canceled in January. Please visit their website to contact them at https://bubblerun.com.
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Stay Connected. Stay Informed.The latest news and the greatest photo galleries and videos.
Dynon Announces New Display, AirVenture Contest, and Forums
Advanced Flight Systems AF-6600
Dynon Advanced is introducing its new flagship AF-6600 display. An evolution of the AF-5600, the AF-6600 features improved performance, an upgraded design, an improved pilot interface, and a lighter and more compact body. It also fully interfaces with the existing AF-5000 series displays and Dynon modules.
- New processor enables 60 Hz screen updates for smoother visuals, a four- to 12-time improvement over previous generations.
- New LCD screen features increased brightness and more vivid colors.
- Startup time decreased to less than 20 seconds.
- Redesigned, flush-mounted 10.4-inch touchscreen.
- Dual-concentric encoder knob affords a more intuitive user interface.
- Ambient light sensor allows display backlight to automatically adjust to cockpit lighting conditions.
- Low-profile rear cover reduces panel depth requirements.
- Approximately 1 pound lighter than previous AF series displays.
- AF-6600 and AF-5000 series displays are fully cross-compatible, using the same wiring and mounting.
Rob Hickman, president of Advanced Flight Systems, said, “Whether a pilot is putting together a new panel, having us build them an Advanced Panel, or upgrading from our AF-5000 series displays, the AF-6600 enhances the Advanced experience in every way. We’re excited to deliver this new flagship display to customers.”
Learn more about the new AF-6600 display at Dynon.aero.
This year marks a number of aviation milestones that are important to us, including Van’s Aircraft’s 50th anniversary, Zenith Aircraft’s 30th anniversary, the Beechcraft Bonanza’s 75th anniversary, and the original Advanced AF-2002 engine monitor’s 20th anniversary.
To celebrate these milestones, Dynon presents its Oshkosh Anniversary Photo Contest. A scavenger hunt contest held via social media, participants take photos of anniversary-themed photo challenge items and post them on social media for a chance to win thousands of dollars in prizes.
For directions on how to play, visit Dynon.aero/Contest.
Expanded Forum Schedule at AirVenture
Whether you are a homebuilder, a type-certificated aircraft owner, or an installer, Dynon has a variety of educational forums hosted at its outdoor tent just outside of Hangar D (between D and B) throughout the week. The topics offered this year are:
- Advanced Flight Systems for Experimental Aircraft — Introducing AF-6600
- Dynon SkyView Systems for Experimental Aircraft — Introducing FastTrack
- Dynon Certified for Type Certificated Aircraft
- Planning for Success 101: System Design of Your Dynon or Advanced System
- Planning for Success 102: System Design of Your Dynon or Advanced System
- Advanced Panel and Advanced Control Module
- Using SkyView HDX — Fundamentals
For a complete schedule, go to Dynon.aero/Forums or visit the Dynon booth.
For more information about Dynon products, please contact Dynon at 425-402-0433 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Dynon Avionics on the web at www.Dynon.com.