Stay Connected. Stay Informed.The latest news and the greatest photo galleries and videos.
Authors Corner Returns for AirVenture Oshkosh 2022
World War II legends, astronauts, history makers, and well-known aviation writers are among the special guests as Authors Corner returns to EAA AirVenture Oshkosh in 2022, providing opportunities for authors and readers to connect on a one-to-one basis during The World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration on July 25-31.
Authors Corner is located in EAA’s main Wearhouse merchandise building and in 2022 an additional location featuring women aviation authors has been created at the WomenVenture Pavilion in Aviation Gateway Park on the AirVenture grounds.
“After being on hiatus since 2019, aviation fans have been telling us they are eager to meet writers from throughout the aviation world at Oshkosh,” said Scott Powers, EAA’s director of retail operations. “Having an opportunity to both obtain the book and have it immediately signed by the author is another occurrence that is part of what makes AirVenture so special.”
Among the authors scheduled to be at AirVenture are:
- Bud Anderson, World War II triple ace, and John “Lucky” Luckadoo, last remaining pilot from the Eighth Air Force’s 100th Bomb Group
- Eileen Collins, Astronaut Hall of Fame member
- Lynn Rippelmeyer, the world’s first female 747 pilot
- Paul Dye, NASA’s longest serving flight director
- Randy “Duke” Cunningham, Vietnam War fighter ace
- Kermit Weeks, national aerobatic champion and Warbirds Hall of Fame member.